OT: International recruiting - it's not just the heavyweights in WCBB (UMaine) | The Boneyard

OT: International recruiting - it's not just the heavyweights in WCBB (UMaine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UMaine loads up on European recruits and gets it's highest rated class in years.
LINK

Reaction Score
OMIGAWD! Ivana Stepovaya has finally signed a Letter of Intent!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Very interesting article.

One potential fly in the ointment, speaking as someone who has been to Orono—I suspect some of these kids are intrigued by coming to the States, and look forward to a chance to see some of the US. But Orono is a long way from anything.

But good for Leichner.

And how spoiled we are.

Their class is described as one "among the best of the nation". We would be going through melt-down is we had a class ranked like that.

Reaction Score
... speaking as someone who has been to Orono—I suspect some of these kids are intrigued by coming to the States, and look forward to a chance to see some of the US. But Orono is a long way from anything...
I guess so - I thought it was in France!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

One potential fly in the ointment, speaking as someone who has been to Orono—I suspect some of these kids are intrigued by coming to the States, and look forward to a chance to see some of the US. But Orono is a long way from anything.

But good for Leichner.

And how spoiled we are.

Their class is described as one "among the best of the nation". We would be going through melt-down is we had a class ranked like that.

Naow, naow, Phil. Theah skedule ain't so bad. Why, lahst yeah, the beahs played Albany, Troy, Maine Maritime, Binghamton, and went all the way down to Flahrider foah a holiday tuhnament. 'Sides, they-ah beahs. Gotta love them beahs!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, gotta love them Bears, my high school mascot as well.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

I am picturing a crusty old Mainer saying, "Well...I guess you can't get theh from heah."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As is spring (July 3) and fall (July 8). Winter (July 9-July 2) can be pretty brutal, though.
Problem with the sping is the black flies, summer mosquitoes, and so everyone is very happy when winter arrives and kills all the man-eating insects!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I am picturing a crusty old Mainer saying, "Well...I guess you can't get theh from heah."

I bit my tongue, I guess fingers, to keep from saying that.

Reaction Score
As is spring (July 3) and fall (July 8). Winter (July 9-July 2) can be pretty brutal, though.
They only have three seasons, Winter's almost here, Winter's almost over, or, it's Winter.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score

As my old late Kittery Pointer friend, Freddy Giles, a superb sonar system technician, once told a Noo Yawker who asked if he was headed for Boston, "Eyah, reckon twood be ... goin bahkwood."

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
We called it Kittree

Plus, I knew someone that called it Rells Beach, but that was one person, not common.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
But I always liked Kittery, Maine, as the improbably answer to "Do you know where the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard is?"

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
We called it Kittree

Plus, I knew someone that called it Rells Beach, but that was one person, not common.

If I remember correctly, Phil, you once stated your hometown. We used to call it Burlap :) as well as South Burlap and North Burlap. Also next door to Ellyut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom