OT: Interesting Stat % of Assisted Baskets. | The Boneyard

OT: Interesting Stat % of Assisted Baskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The Warriors (who else?) reportedly made 45 baskets with 41 assists in a recent game. This came up for recent in-game discussion and a graphic that showed that they also have the highest NBA percentage of "assisted baskets" at about 72%.

New to me and possibly useful.

Anyone know the UConn % of assisted baskets? Or how it compares with competitors' stats?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Warriors (who else?) reportedly made 45 baskets with 41 assists in a recent game. This came up for recent in-game discussion and a graphic that showed that they also have the highest NBA percentage of "assisted baskets" at about 72%.

Anyone know the UConn % of assisted baskets? Or how it compares with competitors' stats?

I don't know of any site that compiles this specific stat for NCAA WBB, but it's easy enough to figure out for any given team from a season box score. UConn (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND) has 191 total assists on 265 made field goals, which would be 72%. UConn has held its opponents to 93 assists on 201 made field goals (46%).

The NCAA stat page doesn't include assist percentage, but it does include assists per game (Assists Per Game | DI Women's Basketball Statistics - NCAA.com), where UConn currently ranks fourth.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately there's very little in regards to advanced stats for NCAA WBB. The only site I know of that includes anything in that regard is: (WBB > Connecticut Huskies > Team Stats > The National Statistical Concern)

Although it's flawed due to factors like strength of schedule you can see how UConn compares to the rest of the league here:
(WBB > The National Statistical Concern)

You can also check out some individual player advance stats here for various years for Uconn players specifically or the NCAA as a whole here:
(WBB > Connecticut Huskies > Player Stats: Advanced > The National Statistical Concern)
(WBB > The National Statistical Concern)

You can check out a few pages daily for free and see how the UConn as a team and the players compare. If anyone has another site it'd be great to know as I can't find any others.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This board is fascinated with the assist to baskets stat. Every year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is an interesting stat and Uconn is always pretty high. And this year at 72% is significantly better than last year at 63%. But it can also be misleading - last year with Moriah getting a fair number of driving baskets and breakaway steals and with Stewart and Tuck both being very good at putting offensive rebounds in for scores, the percentage of assisted baskets suffered. So while Uconn is never much about one on one play, the types of baskets scored has a direct correlation to that percentage. This year, our guards are not doing as much driving, we haven't gotten as many breakaway steals, nor are we scoring on put-backs as much. All of which would be considered 'positive' attributes for a team.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I don't know of any site that compiles this specific stat for NCAA WBB, but it's easy enough to figure out for any given team from a season box score. UConn (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND) has 191 total assists on 265 made field goals, which would be 72%. UConn has held its opponents to 93 assists on 201 made field goals (46%).

The NCAA stat page doesn't include assist percentage, but it does include assists per game (Assists Per Game | DI Women's Basketball Statistics - NCAA.com), where UConn currently ranks fourth.

Plebe, I do not think your stats are correct. You are not including 3 point baskets made by UConn.
UConn has made 265 two point baskets and 68 three pointers, for a total baskets made of 333. Thus 191 assists on 333 baskets made(2 pointers and 3 pointers) would be 57.3%

Reaction Score
Plebe, I do not think your stats are correct. You are not including 3 point baskets made by UConn.
UConn has made 265 two point baskets and 68 three pointers, for a total baskets made of 333. Thus 191 assists on 333 baskets made(2 pointers and 3 pointers) would be 57.3%
horse3.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

That's not how I read the box score. The column labels "TOTAL" and "FG-FGA" refer to all field goals made and attempted, both 2- and 3-pointers, as I understand it.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
For comparison purposes for the game vs tOSU
UConn has 191 assists on 333 made baskets for 57.3% of assists on baskets made.
That's not how I read the box score. The column labels "TOTAL" and "FG-FGA" refer to all field goals made and attempted, both 2- and 3-pointers, as I understand it.

You are correct. I read the wrong column.
Make note, schedule eye doctor appointment first of new year. Head bang

Reaction Score
Looked at the stats myself and Plebe appears to be correct.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
For comparison vs tOSU
UConn is 72% assists of baskets made
tOSU is 48% assists of baskets made

Others over 70%
TCU 71%
Boston College 70.6% (hard to believe considering their record, but at least they pass the ball a lot)
Ball State 70.6%
DePaul 70.3%

By the way Baylor has 296 assists(most in WCBB so far) on 437 baskets made for a 67.7%

Reaction Score
UConn (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND) has 191 total assists on 265 made field goals, which would be 72%. UConn has held its opponents to 93 assists on 201 made field goals (46%).
By comparison, Ohio State (OhioStateBuckeyes.com :: The Ohio State University Official Athletic Site The Ohio State University Official Athletic Site :: Women's Basketball) has 191 total assists on 379 made field goals, or 48%. OSU's opponents have 179 assists on 290 field goals, or 62%. OSU assist/turnover ratio is 1.1, UConn's 1.5. Put your chips on blue, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom