OT: increase in new members | The Boneyard

OT: increase in new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone notice a vast increase in new members lately? Not just the bball board but all over CR too. Not hating in any way. Welcome aboard to crazy town. I'm just wondering what is responsible for the jump in numbers. Any new members please feel free to chime in and tell us how you got here.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people are just looking for a place to let their frustrations out about this season.

Reaction Score
@UConnTrumbull I'm not sure how new you mean. I just joined last March after lurking for a while. What prompted me to join and actually post rather than just lurk was general frustration (ironically) with our offensive execution last year. I was thinking that it was so obviously bad that I couldn't be the only person who saw it. Of course, I didn't expect it to continue this year with a more diversified roster.....

Reaction Score
Yeah, if you want to see a bunch of new people spout the same complaints we see all the time, just follow a losing game thread or stick around after a loss.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
There have been whispers spread across teh intertronz of an oasis is the desert where you can discuss the horrors of turkey, ketchup annd boneless wings all while learning about Pizza and the Best College hoops team of the modern era.
Seems to be a #winning formula.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of people in the world who thrive off of being negative. I'll never understand why so many of them are drawn to the UConn Huskies though.
Hey guys,

Thanks for welcoming me and thank you for approving my account finally.

Been trying to be a member for about a year, but never received the email. I requested a new one today and got it. It was great!!!

Huge husky fan since around 8 years old, 92-93.

I am 30 years old and have lived in NY all my life.

I am Knicks, Giants, and Mets fan so Uconn is kinda out of the box.

College basketball is my favorite sport (played a year in college) and Uconn is my favorite team.

Favorite players Ben Gordon and Ray Allen, huge Ricky Moore fan.

Favorite game 1999 Uconn Duke Nat Champ

Biggest heartbreak 2001 regional final loss to Maryland and Lonny Baxter who went off, also regional final verse UCLA was very tough w Ray.

Reaction Score
@UConnTrumbull I'm not sure how new you mean. I just joined last March after lurking for a while. What prompted me to join and actually post rather than just lurk was general frustration (ironically) with our offensive execution last year. I was thinking that it was so obviously bad that I couldn't be the only person who saw it. Of course, I didn't expect it to continue this year with a more diversified roster.....
I've been following since May, reason I joined is because you guys and girls really know your Uconn basketball, I was totally impressed how brilliant some of you are and informative you all are. You are all really awesome. Is the most impressive blog or message board website I have ever come across of.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@Fishy had to abandon his post at the main gate to play whackamole in the Key Tweets Thread.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I've been following since May, reason I joined is because you guys and girls really know your Uconn basketball, I was totally impressed how brilliant some of you are and informative you all are. You are all really awesome. Is the most impressive blog or message board website I have ever come across of.

You are obviously a very astute observer! Perhaps not sane, but astute!

Reaction Score
@Fishy had to abandon his post at the main gate to play whackamole in the Key Tweets Thread.

Hmmm. Speaking of the main gate. I wonder why I was rejected by an admin when I first tried to join the BY. My handle was supposed to be Simba Walker. Oh what may have been.

Reaction Score
longtime reader, relatively new poster.

i guess i am in the minority though, because my sanity demands that i actively avoid this board after a loss.
You're missing all the fun then. The chat room is even better. You can bet on how quickly and who has the first melt down post.

Reaction Score
There have been whispers spread across teh intertronz of an oasis is the desert where you can discuss the horrors of turkey, ketchup annd boneless wings all while learning about Pizza and the Best College hoops team of the modern era.
Seems to be a #winning formula.
If you happen to choke while eating ketchup covered turkey, I call dibs on your deli slicer.

Reaction Score
I joined for the football board and ended up making my way over. There are very very few places to talk UConn football. I can get my basketball fix on reddit if need be, but not football.

Reaction Score
Hey guys,

Thanks for welcoming me and thank you for approving my account finally.

Been trying to be a member for about a year, but never received the email. I requested a new one today and got it. It was great!!!

Huge husky fan since around 8 years old, 92-93.

I am 30 years old and have lived in NY all my life.

I am Knicks, Giants, and Mets fan so Uconn is kinda out of the box.

College basketball is my favorite sport (played a year in college) and Uconn is my favorite team.

Favorite players Ben Gordon and Ray Allen, huge Ricky Moore fan.

Favorite game 1999 Uconn Duke Nat Champ

Biggest heartbreak 2001 regional final loss to Maryland and Lonny Baxter who went off, also regional final verse UCLA was very tough w Ray.
Like-whore!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member