OT: Impossibly beautiful music | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Impossibly beautiful music

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
"Take Me Home, Country Roads", also known as "Country Roads, Take Me Home" or "Country Roads", is a song written by Bill Danoff, Taffy Nivert, and John Denver. It was released as a single performed by Denver on April 12, 1971, peaking at number 2 on Billboard's US Hot 100 singles for the week ending August 28, 1971. The song was a success on its initial release and was certified Gold by the RIAA on August 18, 1971, and Platinum on April 10, 2017.[2] The song became one of John Denver's most popular and beloved songs.

A few months ago I climbed up to the 10,000' level of Mt. Rainier, to an established base camp area called Camp Muir. For a little while I was behind a group of 3 young ladies singing this song over and over again. It was kinda cute.

Reaction Score
From his latter career, a beautiful play for when the melancholy seems to be at the side door. And aptly titled, as once the heroin bug bit he never was able to really go home again.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
A few months ago I climbed up to the 10,000' level of Mt. Rainier, to an established base camp area called Camp Muir. For a little while I was behind a group of 3 young ladies singing this song over and over again. It was kinda cute.
So to be clear, what was kinda cute? The song, the girls, or the girls singing the song , and having nothing to do with your position relative to them! ;)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Another beautiful cover of a Beatles song:

I liked nearly everything they did. This iteration of Brasil 66 was really Brasil 68 or 671/2. The two singers on this song were famous in their own way. Lani Hall the dark haired one married Herb Alpert and had her own career. Karen Philipp, the blonde, played Lt Dish on the television series MASH for a few early episodes. She lived on in MASH lore in the. opening scene where they are hurrying toward the helicopters to get the wounded. She is the very pretty young lady out front who made the Army uniform look good!

MASH 4077 opening theme

Reaction Score
I liked nearly everything they did. This iteration of Brasil 66 was really Brasil 68 or 671/2. The two singers on this song were famous in their own way. Lani Hall the dark haired one married Herb Alpert and had her own career. Karen Philipp, the blonde, played Lt Dish on the television series MASH for a few early episodes. She lived on in MASH lore in the. opening scene where they are hurrying toward the helicopters to get the wounded. She is the very pretty young lady out front who made the Army uniform look good!

MASH 4077 opening theme

Didn't know that about the blond girl Bama...quite interesting. Lana Hall was gorgeous and a great singer. Just an all-star group back then, I loved their stuff very much. Here's another superbly beautiful tune of theirs:

Reaction Score
They weren't WVU alumnae were they? ;)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Didn't know that about the blond girl Bama...quite interesting. Lana Hall was gorgeous and a great singer. Just an all-star group back then, I loved their stuff very much. Here's another superbly beautiful tune of theirs:

This one is my favorite. I think this version was done by first American version of Brasil 66. The young lady who sings alongside Lani Hall on this one is Janis Hansen. For some reason Sergio Mendes fired nearly all the band , kept Lani Hall, and formed the second iteration for Fool on the Hill. I know too much about them , but it is because I was always fascinated with their sound. Hansen sang on some of their most well known early songs. I read that she died in 2017. :(

Bama fan

Reaction Score
They weren't WVU alumnae were they? ;)
Ha! I have a buddy from Western Pennsylvania who went to WVU. I will show him your post. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So to be clear, what was kinda cute? The song, the girls, or the girls singing the song , and having nothing to do with your position relative to them! ;)

The situation was cute. They were nice looking too. They were moving faster than my group so we weren't in close proximity for very long.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Classical violin + dubstep, and some dance/performance art along with it, interesting combination.

Reaction Score
Ha! I have a buddy from Western Pennsylvania who went to WVU. I will show him your post. :rolleyes:
I don't think anyone who went to WVU after that song came out can remember the words to the school song, but EVERYBODY who went there after 1972 (where it is sung after every home football game) knows the words to "Country Roads."

Bama fan

Reaction Score
This is a bit long, but it is interesting to watch up close as the orchestra slowly builds the piece bit by bit

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
"Take Me Home, Country Roads", also known as "Country Roads, Take Me Home" or "Country Roads", is a song written by Bill Danoff, Taffy Nivert, and John Denver.

I actually lived on the "country road" for several years. They were in the DC area when they wrote the words (the tune had been written earlier), and the primary road back to West Virginia in Maryland was Clopper Road in Montgomery County.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom