OT: Iconic Rock Piano Riff or Otherwise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Iconic Rock Piano Riff or Otherwise

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm glad someone has already expanded it to include the electric piano.

That would be the OP in first post. How could you not when it's rock. We all do it. Come into the middle or end of a thread and.... I ever tell you how Ray left a audience in a foggy drizzle in an evening concert for about an hour, no explanation for it at all, but he made up for it...almost. Maybe some of you were also there?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Love this song, and the woman who sings it. There is a subtle riff throughout , but the piano intro is so pretty. Waddy Wachtel, who also played for James Taylor quite often is on guitar. Not sure who this pianist is. And of course, there is Linda!

Reaction Score
For those who are not jazz buffs, Bill Evans was one of the giants of jazz piano who unfortunately died in 1980 at the age of 51. I’m stretching the topic a bit, but it’s a spot-on analysis one of the techniques/licks that Evans used in his playing. This particular technique can be heard in many of Evans recordings. For those BY’ers who are not jazz fans try to stick with the video to the end. He goes a bit fast and it may be hard to follow if you’re not a musician, but I think you guys might find it enlightening.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A well known piano opening.

Sister Christian - Night Ranger

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Another well known opening. I'll give you an "iconic"? voice???? :rolleyes: :eek:

Come Sail Away - Eric Cartman (Styx cover)

This would not fit in the beautiful music thread.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Another well known opening. I'll give you an "iconic"? voice???? :rolleyes::eek:

Come Sail Away - Eric Cartman (Styx cover)

This would not fit in the beautiful music thread.

But beauty is said to be in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps his Mom, Liane, would find it lovely. :D

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
The interplay between Garcia and Hornsby that begins approx. 4:30 mark is special!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom