OT: Iconic Movie Themes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Iconic Movie Themes

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maybe I can make it up to @JordyG by starting a music thad that is clear and unmistakable. Here's one such iconic theme song that got some pretty fantastic musical remakes:
But it didn't take people a page to mess it up. :p

(I've learned you gotta make them nice and wide)

Reaction Score
I discovered, by accident, while listening to a classical music radio station, that the Star Wars theme, was stolen, in its entirety, from a classical piece. And the Darth Vader theme was from a Polish military march.

My favorite theme is from "Barry Lindon," where they gave credit to the composer. I also really liked the theme for the tv series "Victory at Sea," which was donated for free by Rogers and Bennett.

Last edited:

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
This is Coast to Coast AM. Art Bell. I always got excited when this song started off Art Bell's radio program. Did not know that it was on the Midnight Express soundtrack.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
An actual theme song.

Theme from Brian's Song (The Hands of Time) - Henry Mancini

Terrible movie. An example of choosing an actor (James Caan) cuz he looked, sorta like, the real person. Wonderful theme.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Terrible movie. An example of choosing an actor (James Caan) cuz he looked, sorta like, the real person. Wonderful theme.
Errr wrong. Fantastic movie. One of the best Made For TV movies ever produced. A classic. Won and was nominated for numerous awards. (Emmys, Golden Globe)

Now if you talking about the 2001 remake....:rolleyes:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The opening aerial shots of Big Sur featuring the theme song The Shadow of Your Smile, written by Johnny Mandel and Paul Webster. One of the greatest movie songs of all time, and the footage is breathtaking.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Errr wrong. Fantastic movie. One of the best Made For TV movies ever produced. A classic. Won and was nominated for numerous awards. (Emmys, Golden Globe)

Now if you talking about the 2001 remake....:rolleyes:

Hey look Bub ... it's my opinion, see! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom