OT - I will never click on a Courant Article again | The Boneyard

OT - I will never click on a Courant Article again

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
That's uncalled for - a few pages into the sports section maybe, but no need to do that on the front page.

What's the point?...

Reaction Score
And accompanied by the cliche picture of Ollie looking sad/perplexed. Really low class.

Reaction Score
Well I agree sort of. But on the other hand he is a major celebrity in the State...probably more people know the UConn basketball coach than know the governor and I guarantee more know him than know their congressman. So it is news in the same way Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner is news in Connecticut. So from that sense I get it. Poor taste though to put it on page 1.

Reaction Score
I had to scroll all the way down to the sports page section of the Courant website so I'm not sure why you guys are calling it front page. He's a celebrity and it's public info. Courant sucks but I don't have any issue here.

Reaction Score
sportsart said:
I had to scroll all the way down to the sports page section of the Courant website so I'm not sure why you guys are calling it front page. He's a celebrity and it's public info. Courant sucks but I don't have any issue here.

Agreed. But it is lead story on website now. Courant job is to report news people are interested in and, sadly, people are interested in celebrity news like this. I saw the headline and didn't click on it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The subject is fair game. Some of you need to grow the up.

Reaction Score
Wow, beyond the actual divorce being awful, the financial repercussions are insane to me.
Hate to frame it this way, but boy it would have been beneficial to him To him have this divorce happen when he was an assistant, at least financially.

In any event best of luck to him as he moves forward from this. No fault state they say.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm glad that it is settled and he can start to move forward with his life.

(For what it is worth, it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me, but we don't have enough info to be able to conclude that with any certainty.

Reaction Score
No.. I think growing the up is keeping your nose out of people's private lives. The right to privacy needs to be re-addressed in this country because I don't see anywhere in the constitution where just because you are more well known than most you lose that right.

Reaction Score

I actually disagree. Why is his divorce fair game? I understand the concept that he's a public figure and that because of that there is an implication that he is giving up a certain degree of privacy.

That said, he's not a politician who campaigned with his spouse by his side.

The divorce doesn't appear to have any salacious details surrounding it.

His marriage has no impact on whether or not he shows up to work and does his job daily.

I work in media and there is a big difference between having a right to publish something and whether publishing something is right.

I don't see why this article is relevant and what it adds to the public consciousness.

Reaction Score
As all married folk can tell you, it matters a lot.

Right, I meant that he's still able to show up and coach irrespective of whether he's married. It's not like he's at Notre Dame or St. John's where he'd be judged by the fathers for divorce.

Reaction Score
Right, I meant that he's still able to show up and coach irrespective of whether he's married. It's not like he's at Notre Dame or St. John's where he'd be judged by the fathers for divorce.

Of course. Just saying that marital stress has a direct impact on someone's ability to focus at work / hours they can put in / etc.

Reaction Score
Glad to know KO is paying his family's cell phone bill. Such great reporting.

Reaction Score

It was the top story on the website for several hours.

Reaction Score
Of course. Just saying that marital stress has a direct impact on someone's ability to focus at work / hours they can put in / etc.

Oh most definitely agree. I'm not married but I saw it growing up and see it today with my friends who are married.

Poor phrasing on my part. I just meant that he's not going to be put through the ringer by the administration because he got divorced as opposed to other coaching positions and other lines of work.

Reaction Score
Excalibur said:
It was the top story on the website for several hours.

Right. If it was your job to generate clicks you would not write the story?

Reaction Score
Front page article about Kevin Ollie's divorce. Just poor poor form. Buh bye once and for all.
This is what does it for you? Seriously?

This is milk and cookies compared to putting the photo of mass murderers on page 1 when the death penalty was overturned. It is cotton candy compared to how badly they want to publish photos from inside of Sandy Hook elementary (which thankfully they have been denied).

If Calhoun's retirement is front page, if BD's hiring is front page, if Uconn sports anything is front page news, then so is this.

Reaction Score
SonsOfNutmeg said:
I agree... pretty agressive if you ask me?

Maybe he loves her and even though it didn't work out he didn't want to screw her over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom