OT: I swear Rutgers "can't get right".... | The Boneyard

OT: I swear Rutgers "can't get right"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Their new female AD just newly hired.....turns out when she coached womens v-ball, she forced a member of her staff to not get pregnant and ran her team like a "Ms Coach Rice"........ from article:

"The players say everyone, including the athletic director, had been brought together by a letter all 15 players on the team had submitted. In it, the players said, their coach had ruled through humiliation, fear and emotional abuse.
"The mental cruelty that we as a team have suffered is unbearable," the players wrote. Specifically, they said the coach had called them "whores, alcoholics and learning disabled."

Lmao, you got to be kiddin me?!? Whose making these decisions in NJ? If I didn't know better it was a Tommy Boy sequel.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/05/julie_hermann_should_never_hav.html
http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/rutgers_new_athletic_director.html

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
It would appear that the problem is less with the individual hiring decisions than with the "minimum qualifications" they have established for one to be considered for the positions.

Reaction Score
Does this negatively impact the fat mans chances in the White House?

It never ends for Rutgers...but they just keep beating the "we're in the big now" drum like it makes everything else OK.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Wonder what RU fans have to say about this... it really has been one thing after another for them now.

Think they still would've gotten the B1G invite if this all went down a few months ago?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Wonder what RU fans have to say about this... it really has been one thing after another for them now.

Think they still would've gotten the B1G invite if this all went down a few months ago?
I would argue that RU is just continuing to match its historical incompetence. The B!G is getting what it bargained for.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Well honestly I'm not very well-versed on RU's duck-ups pre-B1G. I got a few alum in the family but RU has flown so far below the radar for so long I have never really paid much attention to them

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Rutgers sure is special, aren't they?

EDIT - that sentence looks grammatically wrong, but I'm going to leave it that way because it's about Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Proximity to NYC is the sole reason RU was invited to the B1G. I have a strong feeling RU will deliver the NYC market for the B1G as well as bcu has delivered the Boston TV market for the ACC.

Reaction Score
To me, the most troubling aspect is to claim to not even remember the letter by the players or being at her assistant coach's wedding and catching the wedding bouquet.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
To me, the most troubling aspect is to claim to not even remember the letter by the players or being at her assistant coach's wedding and catching the wedding bouquet.
She's clearly lying with those claims.

Reaction Score

It just proves that they weren't invited for athletics.

Reaction Score
I just wanted to say that its BS if one of the reasons we were not invited to the B1G was because of the NCAA garbage we went through the last couple yrs. It seems to me what Rutgers has done lately is a hell of a lot worse.

Reaction Score
This is how Rutgers is handling being in the limelight after their invite, and it just goes to show that once a mid-major always a mid-major mentality. UConn has definitely addressed its problems and concerns for which I am grateful. Rutgers, on the other hand, keeps making the same mistakes over and over.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Among other things Rutgers was invited as a regional partner for PSU. And they are seriously trying their best to become PSU's cesspool partner.

Reaction Score
http://ajerseyguy.com

Mark Blaudschun:

"Also included in the story was a lawsuit filed against Hermann by a former assistant coach at Tennessee who was fired because she became pregnant. A jury heard the case and awarded the assistant coach a settlement of $150,000.

When informed of the charges of her former players, Hermann, who has been the No. 2 person in the Louisville athletic department for the past 15 years, response was “Wow.”

Hermann said that she did not recall the law suit.

Again, are you kidding me?

The Star-Ledger report has it all: on the record quotes, a video tape of the wedding reception of the former UT assistant coach who included Hermann in her bridal party. Hermann says she has no recollection of such a tape, even though she is shown talking to the camera and warning the bride not to get pregnant.

This, of course, begs a far greater problem at Rutgers: the people making the decisions in the hiring process, which includes Rutgers University President Robert Barchi, who has been under fire since the Mike Rice scandal.

These people couldn’t manage a Dunkin’ Donuts on George Street in New Brunswick, much less a multi-million dollar operation at a state university. If I am N.J. Gov. Chris Christie, I want resignations from everyone at RU empowered to make a decision at a level above, “”I will have a peach ice tea”.

If I am Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany, which is slated to take Rutgers into the Big Ten in 2014, I say, “Let’s think about this.’ The Big Ten now can display its new Eastern block of schools of Penn State and Rutgers as having two of the major scandals in recent college sports history, not because of anything the athletes did, but because of the way the adults acted.

What happened to the vetting process? Reportedly, Rutgers hired Parker Associates to help in its DOA search and the firm came up with more than 70 candidates–Hermann was not on the original list.

And what is with Hermann, who received high marks during her stint as a Louisville administrator? “I don’t recall” as an answer about a law suit in which she was required to pay $150,000? Not remembering a video tape at a wedding in which she was shown talking about the allegations which prompted the law suit?

Really.

This is beyond pathetic.

This, unfortunately, is Rutgers."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does this negatively impact the fat mans chances in the White House?

It never ends for Rutgers...but they just keep beating the "we're in the big now" drum like it makes everything else OK.

Romney crowd hates him. H..A..T..E..S.....H..I..M. That may be enough to cripple his shot. He can still be a king maker though. Figure AG or SCOTUS, if he wants it.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It just proves that they weren't invited for athletics.

We all know RU wasn't invited for athletics. RU athletics are a joke and any future development should only be attributed to their now being in the B1G. I'm wondering if all these recent developments, if they happened a few months ago, would have turned the B1G off so bad that the invite never would have happened. I wonder how much incompetency RU had to hide to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom