OT: I need new windows... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: I need new windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Check the warrantee, most vinyl are lifetime with 10 year on the glass. Anderson I think is only 10 year. Good luck.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Check the warrantee, most vinyl are lifetime with 10 year on the glass. Anderson I think is only 10 year. Good luck.
Yep, my contractor guarantees for life. He's been around forever and has a good reputation.

Reaction Score
Consider DIY, replacing a window is a lot easier and quicker than most people realize.

Reaction Score
Consider DIY, replacing a window is a lot easier and quicker than most people realize.
IF you do not have to wrap any exposed wood with aluminum trim (if the house has siding on it now). If you take off storm windows there will be exposed wood.

Reaction Score
Renewal by Anderson is a ripoff. When they give you the quote ask them to cut it by one quarter and if not send them on their way. Replacement windows by Harvey have a better seal with less air infiltration. I took Renewal windows like a moron as we needed something done and I didn't have time plus the wife was bearing down and on windy winter nights we get air leaking in from the corners of the bottom sash. Our vacation home had replacement Harvey windows when we bought it, wood inside and aluminium outside and they seal much better. For the price of Renewal you might as well install new windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom