OT: Huskies Bar Moving? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Huskies Bar Moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rumors around campus now suggest that the Huskies foundation was falling apart and they are tearing down the building to put in more campus parking. Can't confirm that as anything more than rumors at this point.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I don't think Thirsties existed when I was there.... Ted's and Huskies were pretty much the only game in town. Unless someone had a car.

People danced to 80's pop at Huskies. I went there once.

Ted's was the gritty rock jukebox place. I won a good portion of the beer I drank there by playing darts.

Also did Oscar's for the specials. i knew a waitress there (that was the best special.)

and Hooligan's for bands. Knew a waitress there too.

Reaction Score
Rumors around campus now suggest that the Huskies foundation was falling apart and they are tearing down the building to put in more campus parking. Can't confirm that as anything more than rumors at this point.

That doesn't sound completely crazy. There are hundreds of homes in Tolland, Coventry, and Mansfield that need to be condemned due to faulty foundations.

Reaction Score
Anyone at school when Tequila Cove was in business? Used to be C.O Jones, but when it was Tequila Cove, they had $4 40s on Wednesdays. I lived at Whitney my senior year, so TC was my bar of choice back in '07-'08.

Worked at c o jones the first year it opened
Was a nice spot. Graduated before it changed to tequila cove. Was always wondering why it never caught on more. ?Guess the location. ?

Husky blues was another interesting spot if anyone went there back in the day ?
My freshman year (Buckley) it was a local gathering place for musicians, poets, etc. mostly townies with a few students sprinkled in, mostly they art and music majors living in the dorms nearby.

It was a chill place to go to on a random Monday night. Good food, big space for pool, darts etc. we even had are freshman year social there.

Then the next year it did a total 180. Turned into a hip hop club and more people from Hartford Etc. began going there
It did not last too much longer after that.
Not sure if it ever went back to the old ways that it was for years before that? Or if it's any bar at all now?

Reaction Score
People danced to 80's pop at Huskies. I went there once.

Ted's was the gritty rock jukebox place. I won a good portion of the beer I drank there by playing darts.

Also did Oscar's for the specials. i knew a waitress there (that was the best special.)

and Hooligan's for bands. Knew a waitress there too.
Probably bought you a pitcher at Ted's. B4 it was Oscars it was Rapps and $0.99 pitchers of Genny Cream Ale ruled the day.

Reaction Score
Worked at c o jones the first year it opened
Was a nice spot. Graduated before it changed to tequila cove. Was always wondering why it never caught on more. ?Guess the location. ?

Husky blues was another interesting spot if anyone went there back in the day ?
My freshman year (Buckley) it was a local gathering place for musicians, poets, etc. mostly townies with a few students sprinkled in, mostly they art and music majors living in the dorms nearby.

It was a chill place to go to on a random Monday night. Good food, big space for pool, darts etc. we even had are freshman year social there.

Then the next year it did a total 180. Turned into a hip hop club and more people from Hartford Etc. began going there
It did not last too much longer after that.
Not sure if it ever went back to the old ways that it was for years before that? Or if it's any bar at all now?

The amount of underage drinking at Husky Blues was ridiculous. I also think someone got stabbed there and that was the end for the bar.

Reaction Score
When I was there we had the Pub, Ted's, Huskies, and for a bit, Husky Blues. The Pub was the middle ground between the meat market of Slutskies and the casual vibe of Ted's. Husky Blues was a place to see good music and snag E. To build on a previous post, despite the larger size of the Pub, it was set up really poorly and was perpetual grid lock between the bathrooms, bar, and dance floor. You'd have to get two drinks for every trip; one just for the walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom