OT: how to delete "other" on iphone | The Boneyard

OT: how to delete "other" on iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
does anyone know what other is when you hook your iphone up to itunes? it takes up space and im trying to figure out how to delete it

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
when i googled it earlier and if it worked i wouldn't have asked here...
The answer is in that thread. If you cant get rid of it that means its most likely stored data from one of your apps, and wont go away until said app is deleted.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
does anyone know what other is when you hook your iphone up to itunes? it takes up space and im trying to figure out how to delete it

What it actually tends to be is cached media. E.g. If you watch a video on your phone, the phone is caching it as you go along - and then it kind of remains there in storage. It's eventually reclaimed and you're none the wiser....unless you look at your storage in iTunes.

You can get rid of it if it's bothering you or if you need a lot of space immediately. Takes a few minutes.

Back up your phone to your computer, not iCloud.

Unplug it from the computer and reset your phone - wipe it back to factory new.

Restore from the backup on the computer.

Yellow stuff should be gone.

Reaction Score
What it actually tends to be is cached media. E.g. If you watch a video on your phone, the phone is caching it as you go along - and then it kind of remains there in storage. It's eventually reclaimed and you're none the wiser....unless you look at your storage in iTunes.

You can get rid of it if it's bothering you or if you need a lot of space immediately. Takes a few minutes.

Back up your phone to your computer, not iCloud.

Unplug it from the computer and reset your phone - wipe it back to factory new.

Restore from the backup on the computer.

Yellow stuff should be gone.

Or if storage is an issue, stop drinking the kool-aid and get an Android with expandable storage. Quite riveting technology. They let you put this little card in the phone that stores these things called GBs. Mine has 64 of these GBs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Or if storage is an issue, stop drinking the kool-aid and get an Android with expandable storage. Quite riveting technology. They let you put this little card in the phone that stores these things called GBs. Mine has 64 of these GBs.

For the most part, high-end Android phones have done away with expandable storage.

Google hasn't put expandable storage in their Nexus phones, Samsung doesn't put it in the Galaxy or the Note.

But that doesn't solve his problem; Android does the same caching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom