OT Houston vs ECU | The Boneyard

OT Houston vs ECU

Reaction Score
sheesh:

ESPN Recap
"Things got away from them during an ugly sequence early in the second half filled with technical fouls, all involving ECU. Coach Joe Dooley and sophomore guard Shawn Williams were ejected along with a fan during a stretch that had the home crowd irate with officials -- and some throwing trash toward the court."

Was reading the post game on Reddit, sounds like things REALLY got out of control:

Reddit Post Game Link

"ECU coach didn't like a call (not gonna comment on the call itself, I didn't see it), gets fired up, gets tossed. Fans get rowdy, someone chucks something at our bench, fan gets tossed. Following all this, one of the ECU players threw the ball near the head of one of our players on the ground after a layup, and he too gets tossed.
In like 30 seconds game time and 20 minutes real time, ECU lost their coach and a player and the fans weren't happy."

Should be a fun game on March 10th..

Reaction Score
From what I have seen the AAC officials are not that good. The fact that couldn't control a game or an arena is no surprise. Officials are suppose to be invisible. These guys are running around wearing neon lights.

Reaction Score
“I thought we got off to a decent start and even a decent start to the second half, but things went totally haywire,” ECU head coach Joe Dooley said. “I’ll take partial responsibilities and I think there are some other parties that should take partial responsibilities. Very unhappy our fans had to witness it. First time in 31 years I’ve gotten tossed. Then I think our guys lost their composure a little bit, and you can’t do that against a Top 10 team.”

Dooley ejected in ECU's loss to No. 6 Houston

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was actually kind of impressive.

Fairly early in the second half, there’s kind of a bad call - an ECU player gets a technical foul. Dooley got animated about something and got a tech himself.

Now, he’s calmer and he’s talking to the official who T’d him up when ref Clyburn, who is standing all the way over at the baseline, freaks and calls a second T and ejects him. Dooley goes berserk.

While this is happening, the police are throwing a guy out from the stands. Then, crap comes out of the stands and the polce wrangle another fan out.

Play resumes for about ten seconds and then an ECU player is tossed out of the game for throwing a ball at a Houston player.

Houston mopped them up after that.

Reaction Score
It was actually kind of impressive.

Fairly early in the second half, there’s kind of a bad call - an ECU player gets a technical foul. Dooley got animated about something and got a tech himself.

Now, he’s calmer and he’s talking to the official who T’d him up when ref Clyburn, who is standing all the way over at the baseline, freaks and calls a second T and ejects him. Dooley goes berserk.

While this is happening, the police are throwing a guy out from the stands. Then, crap comes out of the stands and the polce wrangle another fan out.

Play resumes for about ten seconds and then an ECU player is tossed out of the game for throwing a ball at a Houston player.

Houston mopped them up after that.

Sounds like the AAC's MO. Cronin got ejected in pretty much the exact same way against USF. Got a T for asking about a call, then got ejected by someone else for asking why he got T'd. Similar story with the Hurley and Haith ejections in Tulsa that we all know about. The AAC is the worst officiated conference in the country and it's not even close.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sounds like the AAC's MO. Cronin got ejected in pretty much the exact same way against USF. Got a T for asking about a call, then got ejected by someone else for asking why he got T'd. Similar story with the Hurley and Haith ejections in Tulsa that we all know about. The AAC is the worst officiated conference in the country and it's not even close.

I am sure fans in every conference say the same thing about their refs

The officiating in all sports has gotten really bad
There needs to be an opportunity for the press to interview/ask questions of the officials immediately after the game

Reaction Score
I am sure fans in every conference say the same thing about their refs

The officiating in all sports has gotten really bad
There needs to be an opportunity for the press to interview/ask questions of the officials immediately after the game
Well I'd say that the officiating in professional sports is generally pretty good. It goes quickly downhill after that. When watching my sons play youth basketball games I usually don't complain about the officiating. As I always say, there's a reason these guys are reffing youth basketball games. I say pretty much the same thing when I watch high school games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom