OT: Hotel for NYC? | The Boneyard

OT: Hotel for NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hoping for a UConn "home" game in NYC for the 1st round of the tournament. Don't know if this has been asked before. My family is going down to Times Square for a couple days. Need a hotel with 2 TV (don't wanna be stuck watching cooking shows). Need my sports. Only hotel I know about is Double Tree Suites in Times Square. They have a living room and bedroom. Looking for a hotel in the heart of times square. Money isn't really an issue. Thanks in advance. and GO HUSKIES.

Reaction Score
There are several Marriott Residence Inns in Manhattan, including one just south of Times Square. If you want to save some coin and don't mind a subway ride, there are also some suite hotels in Jersey City, which is a 15 minute PATH ride to Herald Square, which is a block east of MSG and 8 blocks south (north/south blocks are short in NYC) of Times Square.

Reaction Score
Hoping for a UConn "home" game in NYC for the 1st round of the tournament. Don't know if this has been asked before. My family is going down to Times Square for a couple days. Need a hotel with 2 TV (don't wanna be stuck watching cooking shows). Need my sports. Only hotel I know about is Double Tree Suites in Times Square. They have a living room and bedroom. Looking for a hotel in the heart of times square. Money isn't really an issue. Thanks in advance. and GO HUSKIES.

I'm not really sure about hotels, but I'd look at the booking sites like Priceline and Trivago to see what's available and maybe even get yourself a deal.

Reaction Score
There are several Marriott Residence Inns in Manhattan, including one just south of Times Square.
Need to be careful w/ Residence Inn room set-ups. Some have only 1 TV that swivels on turntable btwn living room and bedroom. Be sure to specifically ask if there are two TVs.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Stayed at Doubletree a few times. It's the best bet that I know of in Times Square for that type of set up.

Reaction Score
Boneyard is the best. Thanks so far you guys. Friendliest fans in the world.

Reaction Score
47/BW - The W in Times Square has nice suites with two TVs. Marvelous Suite is available for that weekend for $512/night.
53/7 - The Sheraton Times Square doesn't have a lot of suites given its overall size, but the suites also have 2 TVs. Executive suites are available that weekend for $465/night.
42/8 - The Westin Times Square has suites available starting at $400/night that weekend.

Reaction Score
If midtown, but not in Times Square would work (54th and 7th) check out the Hotel London (www.thelondon.com). Huge suites, reasonable price and two good size flat screen tvs (one in bedroom and one in living area).

Reaction Score
It's NYC, you can find a pub or sports bar open until 4am pretty much within a stones throw of most hotels. Let the family enjoy Cooking shows in the room while you you support the local economy at a local establishment.

Reaction Score
Try the Eventi Hotel (Kimpton). It is only a couple of blocks from MSG and if you get one of their suites, you will have two TVs.

Reaction Score
If you are in Times Square..stay at the Marriot Marquee or the W which is right off Times Square. Don't patronize the cartoon characters looking to take pictures with you.

Reaction Score
The Intercontinental. About 10 blocks for MSG, about 3 large blocks from Times Square. The W is a good option too.

Reaction Score
Fitzpatrick Manhattan - great suite hotel for families, http://www.fitzpatrickhotels.com/fitzpatrick-manhattan-suites.shtml

Reaction Score
If you are in Times Square..stay at the Marriot Marquee or the W which is right off Times Square. Don't patronize the cartoon characters looking to take pictures with you.

Unless you or your family have an issue with heights as the interior glass elevators at the Marriott Marquee that go 40 stories straight-up in the indoor atrium can be a little intimidating, trust me :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom