OT: Horrid Situation in Newtown | The Boneyard

OT: Horrid Situation in Newtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Terrible shooting in a Newton, CT elementary school. 27 reported killed, 14 children. 20 year old Gunman from NJ is among the dead and the threat is considered over. Danbury Hospital with support from Yale New Haven are in response along with all levels of local, regional and state police resources.

Reminiscent to the tragedy in Scotland years ago.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Dear God!

I saw a quick news flash that said the gunman was dead, and I thought that was the extent of it.

14 children dead?? This is unfathomable

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers to all of the kids, teachers and families. With my wife being an elementary teacher, this definitely hits home.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Lord of all creation who is the beginning and the end of all things and who holds every life precious, hear our cries for the people and families devastated by the loss of children and friends and still our fears granting us the strength and peace to comfort these in their hour of need. Amen.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The Courant is now reporting that 18 children have died.

link

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Not directly related, but Newtown, CT. is the former home of Fairfield Hills Mental Hospital.

"Opened in 1931 to help alleviate the overcrowding at other state mental hospitals, Fairfield Hills housed “mentally ill” (aka “the criminally insane”) patients from across the state. Built on over 770 bucolic acres, the 16 buildings — all connected by underground tunnels — were home to over 4,000 patients when filled to capacity. Like many of its patients, Fairfield Hills projected an outward image that seemed quite pleasing; what was happening inside behind closed doors and out of the public eye, however, was much darker and disturbing."

Damned Connecticut

You don't have to be that old to remember when society locked up crazy people. Not advocating what was done to them, but like the idea that they were segregated from the rest of society.

Reaction Score
Awful. My thoughts and best wishes to everyone in Connecticut trying to deal with this tragedy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
My thoughts are with everyone in CT. I know the impact that an event like this has and my heart goes out to all affected.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As a resident of Sandy Hook, withe school a mile from my home, I am having a lot of trouble understanding this.

Sandy Hook Elementary sponsors one of our district' Cub pack. These are families and Scout leaders who I have worked with. I cannot imagine how to deal with this.

All your prayers for our community is greatly appreciated.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
An entire kindergarten class is unaccounted for.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Also the principal and assistant principal. I know the principal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a resident of Sandy Hook, withe school a mile from my home, I am having a lot of trouble understanding this.

Sandy Hook Elementary sponsors one of our district' Cub pack. These are families and Scout leaders who I have worked with. I cannot imagine how to deal with this.

All your prayers for our community is greatly appreciated.
You have them.

Reaction Score
May God bring comfort and peace to all those impacted, which is an unbelievable number of people who lost loved ones, the children who witnessed the act or the aftermath, the school staff and all the first responders who will likely have a hard time getting the images of this tragedy out of their minds. So much loss and heartache. It is incomprehensible.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
You have them.

Thank you CL82. As the chairman of our Scout district, I am reaching out to the leaders of the Cub Pack the elementary school sponsors as well as the rest of our Scouting community in Newtown. It is a sad day.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved. So thoughtless and senseless.

Guns have no place in society for this exact reason.

Reaction Score
As a parent, I cannot even reconcile in my mind that you send your child off to KINDERGARTEN in the morning and then find out you will never feel their hugs and kisses, hear their laughter, read them stories, and have the privilege of seeing them grow up because some maniac took them from you forever. And how do the loved ones of the shooter deal with the knowledge of what that person did? Oh my, I will never take the blessing of my family for granted again, as dysfunctional as they may be at times. I will cherish every moment I have with them because you can lose it in an instant. Going to give my loved ones extra tight hugs when I next see them.

Reaction Score
My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to everyone in CT today! It is unthinkable to see these types of situations occurring every few months recently! As unpopular as my beliefs are in TN, I feel that it is well overdue to strengthen gun control laws! I am all for upholding constitutional rights, but gun violence in this country has gotten out of control! Again, my God comfort everyone involved in today's tradegy!

Reaction Score
Lord of all creation who is the beginning and the end of all things and who holds every life precious, hear our cries for the people and families devastated by the loss of children and friends and still our fears granting us the strength and peace to comfort these in their hour of need. Amen.

Amen, brother...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32