OT: Hooker brewery in downtown Hartford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Hooker brewery in downtown Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the insight! I know there will be a ton of hand-wringing over suits near the seats at UConn games, but we need revenue, and 1000 students lined up around the court at $5-$10/ticket isn't what we need right now.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Did you even read the article?

Yep.

"That tax deal expired last year, though, and Berlin moved to impose a $300,000-a-year tax bill. New Britain claimed that was excessive and sued, and the two communities reach a deal setting taxes at $164,569.

New Britain paid the bill this week, and is now giving the Rock Cats until the end of this month to repay the money or lose its lease."

"The lease agreement between New Britain and the Rock Cats is clear that they are responsible for these taxes," Stewart said. "If it wasn't for the city's help, they would owe Berlin double that amount. But if the Solomons continue their refusal to pay their taxes, Berlin can hold New Britain responsible for this payment since we are the property owners. I am not about to let them rack up late fees on the backs of our taxpayers."

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
out of curiosity if Hartford is able to successfully acquire a NHL franchise and build this stadium downtown would that enable UConn to expand Gampel and move their games back on campus full time?

Reaction Score
I hope that if this stadium gets built, UConn baseball could play their home games there in Hartford. Or at least play a few marquee games there so, for people like me, they get out and see a UConn baseball game when normally they couldn't when they're playing in Storrs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek