OT: Hooker brewery in downtown Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: Hooker brewery in downtown Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These pictures made me so excited I just had to share. These are of the proposed baseball stadium and Hooker brewery across the street in downtown Hartford. What an amazing place before or after a UConn football game at The Rent.

BuNxU7vIUAAtp_G.jpg

BuNwYAjCcAAKKEZ.png

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Mr. Cameron is a great guy who I've had the privilege to call a family friend. He's a champion of bringing business and entertainment dollars to Hartford. We could use more guys like him.

Reaction Score
I'm not ready to bet against the idiots in Hartford that are trying to find ways to kill it.

Reaction Score
I did the Hooker tasting on Saturday with the girlfriend. Awesome time and great beers.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I really hope this stadium thing actually happens now just for the Hooker Brewery. That's so sick. If is doesn't happen he should move it to The Rent... Speaking of which, anyone heard any news on that whole Outlet development that was supossed to be happing at the Rent?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As someone who doesn't live in CT anymore, I'm selfishly ( and perhaps baseless) hoping this minor league stadium doesn't happen as I fear it'll ultimately come at the expense of a new arena for UConn.

As a side note, the whole state in an uproar over a minor league baseball stadium moving ten miles is so painfully Connecticut.

Reaction Score
As someone who doesn't live in CT anymore, I'm selfishly ( and perhaps baseless) hoping this minor league stadium doesn't happen as I fear it'll ultimately come at the expense of a new arena for UConn.

As a side note, the whole state in an uproar over a minor league baseball stadium moving ten miles is so painfully Connecticut.
Well, it clearly has tax implications for the municipalities involved. It's minor league sports, and I agree who cares, but that does look sweet.

Reaction Score
ConnHuskBin an uppost: 1027809 said:

The state is not is not in an uproar. This will get settled one way or another very soon.

Reaction Score
These pictures made me so excited I just had to share. These are of the proposed baseball stadium and Hooker brewery across the street in downtown Hartford.
What's that stadium roof say? It's Hartford, yet it can't possibly say "Hooker Baseball". ;(

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Munsons chocolate truffle stout with in site of 3rd base line? I'm in!!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not ready to bet against the idiots in Hartford that are trying to find ways to kill it.
I'm not ready to bet against the ability of idiots who run Hartford to screw up a good thing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's that stadium roof say? It's Hartford, yet it can't possibly say "Hooker Baseball". ;(
[Insert obligatory Clyde Vaughan joke here]

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm not ready to bet against the ability of idiots who run Hartford to screw up a good thing.
It's not so much the idiots who run Hartford as the idiot citizens that live there. They'll be the ones to force this thing to fail and that section of Hartford will remain vacant, ugly, and under-used for another decade plus.....so frustrating to see when a good idea comes along that people have to get on their soap boxes and shoot it down.

As a side note, the Courant article said 4 proposals came in but that doesn't mean proposals for a stadium. The article said that one proposal was from Hooker. I believe it was just proposals to develop the land. Will be interesting to find out if any proposals for an actual stadium were submitted. I doubt Hooker has the cash to build a stadium too! :p

Reaction Score
It's not so much the idiots who run Hartford as the idiot citizens that live there. They'll be the ones to force this thing to fail and that section of Hartford will remain vacant, ugly, and under-used for another decade plus.....so frustrating to see when a good idea comes along that people have to get on their soap boxes and shoot it down.

As a side note, the Courant article said 4 proposals came in but that doesn't mean proposals for a stadium. The article said that one proposal was from Hooker. I believe it was just proposals to develop the land. Will be interesting to find out if any proposals for an actual stadium were submitted. I doubt Hooker has the cash to build a stadium too! :p

I read that article too. I think Hooker only proosed a $10 - $15 million dollar brewery, restaurant and beer garden across the street from the stadium. I hope there's a couple more proposals like Hooker's to help invigorate that part of Hartford. Granted it was kind of a shady business deal, but I'm rooting for Hartford. I'd really like it to become a nice destination spot for a Saturday night out.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I like the Hooker involvement - but before this goes one more inch the owners of the Rock Cats need to pay their back taxes to NB in the tune of about $165,000.

If they dont do that there is no reason they should be trusted moving forward and the Mayor of Hartford should not continue to deal with these individuals. How could you trust them?

Do the right thing Rock Cats...

http://articles.courant.com/2014-08...ain-stadium-team-owner-josh-solomon-rock-cats

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can't be NIMBY is no one lives there, right?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The state is not is not in an uproar. This will get settled one way or another very soon.

It's been one of the top stories on online Courant for what, a solid month plus now?

A minor league stadium is just so inconsequential in the scheme of things I just find it funny.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Did you even read the article?
I am honestly not familiar with the workings of municipal governments, but how do you(Berlin) summarily increase a tax bill 10-fold? Why would you do so, unless you had information that your tenant was attempting to leave town?

Reaction Score
Running I-84 right through the heart of downtown was insanely stupid. But if done right, this stadium could be the anchor to revitalize the surrounding area. There is virtually nothing good happening in that immediate area. This stadium, Hooker brewery, a small shopping venue, and a couple restaurants could really help bring people back to Hartford.

@ConnHuskBask

I don't see a 9,000 seat baseball stadium impacting UConn in anyway. If anything, UConn could play a doubleheader or two there to help grow the baseball fanbase.

UConn is tied to the Civic Center, it's getting needed renovations, but hopefully in 10-15 years, it will be torn down and rebuilt slightly bigger (if possible), and better. I don't know of anywhere else downtown to put a venue that size.

Reaction Score
Running I-84 right through the heart of downtown was insanely stupid. But if done right, this stadium could be the anchor to revitalize the surrounding area. There is virtually nothing good happening in that immediate area. This stadium, Hooker brewery, a small shopping venue, and a couple restaurants could really help bring people back to Hartford.

@ConnHuskBask

I don't see a 9,000 seat baseball stadium impacting UConn in anyway. If anything, UConn could play a doubleheader or two there to help grow the baseball fanbase.

UConn is tied to the Civic Center, it's getting needed renovations, but hopefully in 10-15 years, it will be torn down and rebuilt slightly bigger (if possible), and better. I don't know of anywhere else downtown to put a venue that size.

It's in the works, CRDA recently purchased the Church Street Garage for $15M to ensure they have enough of a footprint to build a larger XL Center since the current location is deemed the best option for a new arena. It won't be 10-15 years either, CRDA chairwoman said a new arena won't be operational for several years meaning we're only 4-7 years away.

Reaction Score
It's in the works, CRDA recently purchased the Church Street Garage for $15M to ensure they have enough of a footprint to build a larger XL Center since the current location is deemed the best option for a new arena. It won't be 10-15 years either, CRDA chairwoman said a new arena won't be operational for several years meaning we're only 4-7 years away.

That's great news, but has me wondering why they wasted the money on the current upgrades? Unless they aren't building a new one, and are simply expanding/renovating the current one on a larger scale?

Reaction Score
That's great news, but has me wondering why they wasted the money on the current upgrades? Unless they aren't building a new one, and are simply expanding/renovating the current one on a larger scale?

NHL. They've been working with them on making the XL Center a viable temporary home for one of the distressed franchises (FLA/PHX) or if the NHL decides to expand without Seattle, which is a possibility. That's the reason why the work being done now is so extensive.

http://articles.courant.com/2014-05...n-0505-20140504_1_xl-center-crda-uconn-fans/2

One matter Freimuth feels fairly confident about is future configurations will stress revenue above number of seats. Barclays Center, where the Islanders are headed, and Winnipeg (MTS Centre, the Jets' home) hold about 15,000 for hockey.

"We know we need the building to be 'NHL-ready' but what does that mean?" Freimuth said. "If you put in bunker suites, party rooms with seating at the front edge, you start losing seats. But you increase revenue and they are very popular with corporate underwriters."

Reaction Score
CRDA is going to deliver their new arena recommendation to the state Q1 2015. Interestingly enough they moved up their own deadline by a year which is unheard of for a state-run entity since they usually drag their feet on these sorts of things. What's the rush of all a sudden? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom