OT: Home audio setups | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Home audio setups

Reaction Score
Downstairs, 70s Marantz receiver, Philips turntable, JBL monitors, AIWA auto reverse dubbing cassette deck, Panasonic 5 CD/DVD changer. The same 9x13x9 room has 1000s of CD, hundrrds of cassettes in an old library card catalog, and a remaining 3-400 LPs from a far larger number.

Upstairs, 70s Realistic 4-channel reviever, Sherwood turntable, AR-2 speakers (the latter from the house I grew up in).

I stream to random portable bluetooth speakers & TV soundbar, Polk Play-Fi, AR 900mhz, Bose 101s through a Logitech Bluetooth receiver, Chromecast audio into Cambridge Soundworks computer speakers w/subwoofer, and AR-7s via a Kinter low power amp w/Blu-ray & Chromecast TV hooked up. Google Home in the kitchen and two minis elsewhere.

Lots of playing around with old speakers on hand and putting music into nearly everywhere inside and out. Much more about the content and mood than the sound quality, but the records sound good in their two settings
I had something similar to your downstairs... Marantz receiver, JBL L100 speakers, Pioneer cassette deck, and ~think~ it was a Shure turntable. Then the little ones came, and we moved to a smaller place. Never got set up again. All my music is now on my usb sticks in the car.
As much as I coveted those JBLs, they weren’t very efficient. At low power my old roommates Kenwoods blew them away.

Reaction Score
I had something similar to your downstairs... Marantz receiver, JBL L100 speakers, Pioneer cassette deck, and ~think~ it was a Shure turntable. Then the little ones came, and we moved to a smaller place. Never got set up again. All my music is now on my usb sticks in the car.
As much as I coveted those JBLs, they weren’t very efficient. At low power my old roommates Kenwoods blew them away.
What did you do with the L100s?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Every speaker I have has to be small enough to fit its locatiin to Lady Hans's liking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom