OT - help with TV/SNY options . . . | The Boneyard

OT - help with TV/SNY options . . .

Reaction Score
My elderly parents are coming to live with us, and I really would prefer not to install any TV - out here it would be DISH or DIRECT TV.
I'd much prefer to get content through the Internet - have a great connection. No pirating - looking for legit purchase.

Parents want to watch NYGiant, NYJets football games and NYMets (SNY?) games - live, not after the fact.

Is there any way, yet, to get specific football games live? I had the nfl service where you can watch games after the fact, but that's a pain, and often the games are not available until very late, or the next day. Will I be obligated to get Dish/Direct and then get the NFL Ticket?

For the Mets, is SNY available any way other than through a sports package on Dish/Direct?

Yes, I probably could find this crap after spending an hour on two on the phone or the Internet, but I'm sure you guys, aggregated, know this already, and I'll pay you handsomely with likes.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm assuming the Jets/Giants would be out-of-market, right? You can only get those games through Sunday Ticket (DirecTV). Not sure on SNY. Out of market you can sign up for MLB.tv and get every out of market game live.

Reaction Score
You can get SNY through YouTube TV, which can be downloaded (I believe) on any mainstream digitial media player such as Apple TV, Roku or Amazon Fire TV. It’s a bit pricy, $40/month, but the app gets you all of the local sports channels and key national channels

I watch SNY through that app on my Apple TV

Reaction Score
I think it depends on the provider. Hulu uses the ip so it depends on where u log in from. I think psvue uses the account details from where the billing is located. And u have to log in every fr months from that local ip

Reaction Score
Sony PlayStation Vue enables you to choose your location. I'm a satisfied user.
$50 with no movie package which I find reasonable.
So if you were to choose zip 10018 for example you get YES and SNY as well as WCBS tv etc from NYC as well as channels 9 and 11 for the Yankmees or Mets games on broadcast tv.

Edit: you get a free trial too

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sony PlayStation Vue enables you to choose your location. I'm a satisfied user.
$50 with no movie package which I find reasonable.
So if you were to choose zip 10018 for example you get YES and SNY as well as WCBS tv etc from NYC as well as channels 9 and 11 for the Yankmees or Mets games on broadcast tv.

Edit: you get a free trial too

This.

Reaction Score
My elderly parents are coming to live with us, and I really would prefer not to install any TV - out here it would be DISH or DIRECT TV.
I'd much prefer to get content through the Internet - have a great connection. No pirating - looking for legit purchase.

Parents want to watch NYGiant, NYJets football games and NYMets (SNY?) games - live, not after the fact.

Is there any way, yet, to get specific football games live? I had the nfl service where you can watch games after the fact, but that's a pain, and often the games are not available until very late, or the next day. Will I be obligated to get Dish/Direct and then get the NFL Ticket?

For the Mets, is SNY available any way other than through a sports package on Dish/Direct?

Yes, I probably could find this crap after spending an hour on two on the phone or the Internet, but I'm sure you guys, aggregated, know this already, and I'll pay you handsomely with likes.
i get SNY and local football games on playstation vue on my roku.

Reaction Score

The ONLY legal way to get "Live" NFL games out of your region is buying the NFL ticket on DirecTV,

Reaction Score

Look into YouTube tv I’m serious. Every week I get new channels added and it’s 30 a month or whatever you sign up for is what is locked in. They have local fox, abc, cbs, nbc to get nfl, plus espn, Espnu, espn2, espn news, SNY, cbssports and BTN as a uconn /college football and nfl fan what else could you want? I’m sure giants will be on one of the major networks every week. It streams on roku, chrome cast or just laptop etc. picture is very clear

Reaction Score
Look into YouTube tv I’m serious. Every week I get new channels added and it’s 30 a month or whatever you sign up for is what is locked in. They have local fox, abc, cbs, nbc to get nfl, plus espn, Espnu, espn2, espn news, SNY, cbssports and BTN as a uconn /college football and nfl fan what else could you want? I’m sure giants will be on one of the major networks every week. It streams on roku, chrome cast or just laptop etc. picture is very clear
Their website says 40$?

Reaction Score

YouTubeTV... Cut the cord and get all the sports you’ll need including SNY

Reaction Score
Im in the youtube trial. There are commercials. ....The reason i have netflix is to avoid them.
Yes there are. It's live TV, there are going to be commercials. Netflix doesn't offer live TV/sports, which I believe the original post was inquiring about.

Reaction Score
Im in the youtube trial. There are commercials. ....The reason i have netflix is to avoid them.

Can u fast forward through them if u dvr or scroll? The issue I have with Hulu is that even if I am an hour behind viewing the live event Hulu inserts it’s own commercials that I cant fast forward through. Hulu also has commercials when watching old tv shows.

Unlike Netflix. Which I was going to ditch but renewed because of the Hulu commercials.

For those folks with other services like sling or psvue. Can u skip commercials when u dvr or time shift?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Can u fast forward through them if u dvr or scroll? The issue I have with Hulu is that even if I am an hour behind viewing the live event Hulu inserts it’s own commercials that I cant fast forward through. Hulu also has commercials when watching old tv shows.

Unlike Netflix. Which I was going to ditch but renewed because of the Hulu commercials.

For those folks with other services like sling or psvue. Can u skip commercials when u dvr or time shift?

With ps vue, yes you can fast forward through commercials on DVR'd content.

If you end up watching on demand, though, you won't be able to.

Reaction Score
Great input guys.

Youtube TV seems like great option. In addition to the sports, I can have my parents pipe in the trash news propaganda that they have been sucking down for 60 years, lol.

Really do appreciate the opinions - saved me a bunch of time searching.

Reaction Score
Is there a way to get channels 20 and 61? They’ll be carrying hockey and baseball. I’m in Fairfield County and get NY channels.

Reaction Score
Is there a way to get channels 20 and 61? They’ll be carrying hockey and baseball. I’m in Fairfield County and get NY channels.
If you have PS Cue you can switch locations. I don't know about the others.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Fox61 is now on PS Vue in my area (I'm in the valley), but not sure about Fairfield county.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom