OT: HBO says goodbye to boxing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: HBO says goodbye to boxing

Reaction Score
They got squeezed by ESPN and outplayed by Showtime. I doubt they give up boxing for more than three years.

Reaction Score
Too violent and senseless for my taste. I have also stopped watching American Footsball and never watched hockey. I also don’t watch golf, tennis or nascar. I will follow Tiger at times. I like soccer, basketball and baseball occasionally. Big Red Sox fan.
You're the opposite of me. I'm boxing, football or basketball. I can't stand baseball. If those three sports aren't on my wife can watch what she wants. I'll go hunt.

Reaction Score
Grew up with HBO boxing and they once had all the best shows. They now have nothing for me to watch.

Reaction Score
You're the opposite of me. I'm boxing, football or basketball. I can't stand baseball. If those three sports aren't on my wife can watch what she wants. I'll go hunt.
Yep, we are opposites for sure besides being UCONN basketball fans. I have never shot a gun in my life and don't plan to ever do that. I'm a city boy even though I live in the south and don't find killing animals fun.

Reaction Score
Wow. Sad moment. I grew up watching some of the greatest fights ever on HBO, sspecially a week after the PPV fights. Thank you, HBO for decades of great fights and wonderful memories.

Reaction Score
Used to love HBO boxing. If you walked around your town, the mall, baseball fields, even local bars and asked 500 people who the Heavyweight Champion of the World is, how many people would know? It used to be exciting. Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Ward, Gatti, Oscar, even Roy Jones. Nobody cares now. Even the GGG fight recently had varying opinions of who won.
Before those greats you had Hagler, Hearns, Chavis, Duran, Holmes, Ray Leonard, Hector, Aaron Pryor, Boom Boom, . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Was the biggest reason people subscribed. It was regular date night for my wife and I back in the day. The matches always seemed top notch. I believe this was before PPV took over the top billed fights.

After those greats (and Tyson's retirement) I seemed to loose interest. Perhaps I didn't want to pay PPV prices. Anyway loved me some HBO boxing nights.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm 42. My entire life HBO has had big time boxing. Boxing was the reason I had to have HBO with every tv service. Apparently, I'm in the small minority on that one.

Same age. Watching Douglas beat Tyson was a night I will never forget as long as I live.

Reaction Score
Same age. Watching Douglas beat Tyson was a night I will never forget as long as I live.
I'm pretty sure I tuned in to that following a close UConn loss to Syracuse at the Carrier Dome.

Reaction Score
Yep, we are opposites for sure besides being UCONN basketball fans. I have never shot a gun in my life and don't plan to ever do that. I'm a city boy even though I live in the south and don't find killing animals fun.
Do you like to eat them, as long as someone else does the dirty work? Or are you a vegetarian or vegan. Just curious, not looking for an argument. If you are a carnivore, I am just politely trying to point out the double standard. I don’t think people who hunt in order to feed their family are doing it because they think it is fun to kill animals, although they may enjoy the whole process of the outdoors, the woods etc. Besides which, wild game is probably much healthier than corporate slaughterhouse processed meat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom