OT: Have we had a Female-in-the-song-title thread? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Have we had a Female-in-the-song-title thread?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty much locked up in the 60's and 70's music wise, but every now and then I've "branched" out - this one is early 90's: :D

Reaction Score
Boy, does the early Manhattan Transfer knock it out of the park on this rendition:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Oh, geez, NW, now I have to post one of the most depressing songs ever, written by Eric Bogle and gut-wrenchingly sung here by June Tabor.

What a beautiful song about an horrific loss of life and limb. The Gallipoli campaign and the the landings at Suvla Bay and Seddulbahir were performed largely by troops from Britain's colonies in Australia, New Zealand, India ,and Irish soldiers in British regiments. The loss of life resulted from poor planning, and the hubris of the Admiralty leaders. This led indirectly to the changing political climate in Australia and New Zealand, and directly to the 1916 uprising on Easter Sunday in Ireland. One Irish regiment at Gallipoli suffered over 90 % casualties, most of them deaths. There were many songs written to memorialize or criticize the campaign, such as the one from Australia that Big kindly contributed. Here's one with a lady in the title that Irish rebels used to recruit for the rebellion.

Grand Oul' Dame Britannia - The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem

Reaction Score
Marshall Crenshaw- Mary Anne
Foo Fighters - Dear Rosemary
Jimmy Buffett - Delaney Talks to Statues
The Record Company - Rita Mae Young
Tom Petty - Magnolia

Reaction Score
Just insert your favorite female name for "you" in the title of this great Searchers song:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom