OT: Haunted CT History | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Haunted CT History

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Knock on the first house on the right before entering Stonington Village. It is brick and wooden. And very old.
Twenty five years ago, a friend lived there and swore that a woman walked through her bedroom every night. And then right through a wall. Don't know who lives there now.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Trumbull, There is a road on the Easton/Monroe boarder in Trumbull that boarders the Easton reservoir called Velvet Street, or as locals call it, Dracula Drive. I have heard several accounts as to "why" it is haunted, (and none are overly plausible) but there are numerous reports of "melon heads" and the like.

Dudlytown is most assuredly off limits.....though it is so tempting to check it out. You can get very close via 2.5 roads that lead to the Dark Entry Forest (the .5 being the mohawk trail which passes along the edge of the forest) , but it is patrolled not only by police, but zealous locals who want no one trespassing. There have been countless acts of vandalism on the property and you will be arrested and prosecuted (fines) if caught. It is a very cool area however. The roads leading up to it climb over 1000 feet in about a mile, the forest is set between 3 "mt's" so it is very thick and dark at the top.

last mention is about a hidden road that goes through west rock park in Hamden called Baldwin Drive. it is maintained for bikes and pedestrians, but it isn't open to cars anymore. (only authorized vech's). at the west shepherd end, there is a path that connects to brooks road in Bethany. THe path is an abandoned road that is the alleged location of a classic "70's hook-hand, two teens in a car, murder". It is supposedly haunted as well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
but there are numerous reports of "melon heads"

Wow, it's been decades since I've even thought about that term. But you're right--it brings me right back to those local legends about them being in the woods. Unbelievable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was at a Colonial Williamsburg ghost tour when I saw a costumed worker leave a building and sit down on a bench to the left of a house. In the half light, illuminated by a lantern it was good picture, so I walked over, steadied my camera against a post and took the shot. Shortly afterward someone walked over to her and they walked away together.

When I walked back the tour guide sacastically asked me if I had gotten a picture of a ghost that supposedly haunted the building. I told her I wasn't sure and showed her my picture. Holy-moley what a bruhaha ensued. The picture, which I admit did look a little spectral given that the worker was closer to the lantern and thus was lit more brightly than the house in the background, created quite a stir. It was amazing to me that no one realized that a costumed figure in front of building wasn't exactly earth shattering news in Williamsburg. A few were genuinely freaked out by it. The tour guide stammered 'OMG, this has never happened before' and either was a good actress or was a bit shaken by the support for her story. My wife, of course, just looked at me with her 'why do you do these things' expression, but we laugh about it now.

Reaction Score
I personally think this stuff is interesting. I went to see Lorraine Warren at SCSU a few years ago and my mind was blown. Whether you believe in that stuff or not, it really makes you think. I always heard about Dudleytown and did some research. Id never try to go there because I dont want to get arrested. But what is the exact story with that place and why do people think its haunted?

Reaction Score
Knock on the first house on the right before entering Stonington Village. It is brick and wooden. And very old.
Twenty five years ago, a friend lived there and swore that a woman walked through her bedroom every night. And then right through a wall. Don't know who lives there now.
And she stayed there after the first night that happened?!

Reaction Score
I have only one word from my memory of Trumbull High School that I am sure will trigger a memory for you: Applebaum.

I didn't attend THS or live in Trumbull, but I had a few friends there at the time, and even more friends who lived in Trumbull. I've yet to meet someone who was around Trumbull in the 80s who doesn't have an Applebaum story...or ten.
Back in thew 80's I was working for the Rec Dept, one of our jobs was directing runners for the Sunset Run 5k. We were told when the runners got onto the street, we were to pull our cars into the road to block traffic until the runners went by. Well SGT. Applebaum pulled up and gave me a ticket for blocking traffic for blocking traffic without a permit. I even got the Director of the Rec. Dept on the walkie-talkie to talk to him but he didn't budge. Needless to say the next day I went to the police station to complain and they ripped the ticket up.

Reaction Score
Simsbury high graduate here.

That place will always be the Chart House too me.

And the old well is always Geminis too :)

I bet you still call it Tickets too even though it was the Double Down Grill and has been Da Capo's for the last 15 yrs.

Reaction Score
You don't have to believe in this sort of thing for there to be skills students can learn from it. And if it gets students engaged in addition to teaching those skills--as this outside the box method might--it's gravy.

Dudleyville, and the abandoned asylum were the ones I heard of as a kid.

Reaction Score
The "White Lady" is said to haunt Union Cemetary off of Sport Hill Road in Easton. Back in the mid 90s when I was an undergrad, I saw the Warren's Halloween show at Jorgensen and they talked at length about her.
We had a lady in white in my town also.
A source of many stories and pranks
One time our planning went array.
The plan was were we going to scare some younger guys,so a friend of ours dressed up in a white sheet carrying a lantern and waited on a desolate road.
Before we could transport our victims a police car beat us there.
My friend had to explain what he was doing on a desolate country road wearing a sheet. Apparently the cop had a sense of humor because my friend said he just laughed and turned his car around.
So much for the lady in white.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Deepster said:
I bet you still call it Tickets too even though it was the Double Down Grill and has been Da Capo's for the last 15 yrs.

Nope that's the Pentangle pub

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Undercliff Asylum in Meriden... I think they finally tore it down

Reaction Score
Alright so me and about 3 of my friends decided to go check out guntown cemetery in Naugatuck one time. I personally don't believe in ghosts or anything but figured it would be worth it to see in person since everyone always talked about it. It was just after dusk as we drove up to the cemetery, parked the car, and walked over to the old giant gate. Apparently, the challenge is you have to walk all the way through the cemetery and touch the back wall. Nothing felt weird or spooky as we waked around. I was actually more interested in how old the tombstones were. A couple of my knuckhead friends started jump off some of the tombstones but other than that it was pretty uneventful up to that point.

Eventually, we all decided it was time to leave, and grouped up the leave the cemetery. Right before we were about to exit the gate we all "felt" a footstep and some leaves rustle right next to us. It was sooooo weird. The only way I can describe it is when someone stands right next to you and you feel the "vibrations" of their steps. It wasn't an overpowering feeling but we all felt it. We didn't say one word to each other, we didn't even look at each other but we all felt the same thing and we ran as fast as we could out of their into the car.

I still don't believe in ghosts but boy was that a weird experience.

Reaction Score
Paranormal stuff is real whether I like it or not. Just an issue of understanding it correctly.

Fairfield Hills (now demolished) and Yale's library are absolutely haunted.

Don't know about FH now but when it was standing? Yes, it was haunted. I mean at least one congregation of "them""hanging out". (King Diamond's album "Them" is a masterpiece!)

Not going to go any further but those two places absolutely are/were haunted. Technically, "hauntings" can happen anywhere. Had it happen in my bedroom. I certainly don't seek them out anymore.

Reaction Score
Paranormal stuff is real whether I like it or not. Just an issue of understanding it correctly.

Don't know about FH now but when it was standing? Yes, it was haunted. I mean at least one congregation of "them""hanging out". (King Diamond's album "Them" is a masterpiece!)

Not going to go any further but those two places absolutely are/were haunted. Technically, "hauntings" can happen anywhere. Had it happen in my bedroom. I certainly don't seek them out anymore.

huh??

Reaction Score
Tyler Mill in Wallingford. Legend had it that people had been raped and murdered in the area and it was haunted as a result. Used to go there in high school but never saw anything. Definitely creepy though.

Also the Melon Heads in Roosevelt Forest in Stratford. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melon_heads

Reaction Score

2 more hours until it's 4:20 Butch.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Tyler Mill in Wallingford. Legend had it that people had been raped and murdered in the area and it was haunted as a result. Used to go there in high school but never saw anything. Definitely creepy though.

Also the Melon Heads in Roosevelt Forest in Stratford. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melon_heads
We had the Frog People in Danbury/Bethel, but they were a real in-bred family (supposedly the father had kids with his own children....) living on state aid in Bethel and everyone knew of them. They were very thin and sick looking with huge bulging eyes. They often shopped at night to avoid stares and ridicule. Once in the late '80s, I was in the grocery store and went to get a loaf of bread. Two people were nearby and as I approached, they turned and it was two of them. Scared the crap out of me. I'm sure they must've noticed my reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom