OT - Hatheway Spotting | The Boneyard

OT - Hatheway Spotting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was sitting in the first row of the Florida Atlantic vs. Hofstra game in Hempstead. There in front of me was our friend Jeff Hatheway chatting away. I had to google "Jeff Hatheway" and "Hofstra" to confirm since I didn't know at the time where he ended up. Before I could "thank" him for his many contributions to UCONN including his hiring of Coach P, he mercifully moved away from me.

Attachments

• IMG_2233.JPG
    IMG_2233.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 103
Reaction Score
Did you spell his name wrong on purpose as a dis?

I know some big donors of UConn athletics who still hate Hathaway. No, not Burton. Not that big. I wonder if anyone at UConn liked the guy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I know some big donors of UConn athletics who still hate Hathaway. No, not Burton. Not that big. I wonder if anyone at UConn liked the guy.

There's one guy on here (Waq?) who likes him and thinks he's been hard done by. I think he's a family friend or church acquaintance, and supposedly a 'nice' guy.

He's gotta be the only UCONN related person on board with that.

Reaction Score

I confess that I thought it was spelled with an 'E'.

Reaction Score
There's one guy on here (Waq?) who likes him and thinks he's been hard done by. I think he's a family friend or church acquaintance, and supposedly a 'nice' guy.

I WILL speak up for my friend ... Waquoit.

HE HATES HATHAWAY. That's a damnable slur ... take that back.

Reaction Score

As a person Jeff was a great guy and he did do well as an assistant AD. I think he just got in over his head as an AD. Part of his problem was that he did not delegate enough. He would handle minor season ticket holder complaints by calling the fans personally. Trying to do everything himself is what got him in over his head as a AD. This is the same trait that made him a good assistant AD when work was delegated to him. I would be willing to bet that the main reason he was hired as AD was because he impressed people with his work ethic. Being not good at your job does not make you a bad person. I have personally worked with great people who were incompetent at their jobs and work with people who were 's who excelled at their jobs.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I WILL speak up for my friend ... Waquoit.

HE HATES HATHAWAY. That's a damnable slur ... take that back.

Hahah. No idea who it was, just a vague recollection. Maybe remember his name in the threads because he was vociferously lambasting JH.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, if you had a chance to shout out a one liner at Hathaway, what would it be?

Hey Jeff...

...thanks so much for Pasqualoni?
... the American has been fabulous for us, thanks for that?

...YOU SUCK, YOU RAT BASTARD!

Ideas?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As a person Jeff was a great guy and he did do well as an assistant AD. I think he just got in over his head as an AD. Part of his problem was that he did not delegate enough. He would handle minor season ticket holder complaints by calling the fans personally. Trying to do everything himself is what got him in over his head as a AD. This is the same trait that made him a good assistant AD when work was delegated to him. I would be willing to bet that the main reason he was hired as AD was because he impressed people with his work ethic. Being not good at your job does not make you a bad person. I have personally worked with great people who were incompetent at their jobs and work with people who were 's who excelled at their jobs.

This coincides completely with all of the information I've received. Nice guy, but the Peter principle really reared its ugly head.

Reaction Score

You're thinking of the poster on the women's board who was mighty pi$$ed off when Jeff H was kicked to the curb and blamed Coach Calhoun for getting him fired. Apparently Herbst shoulda kept the guy coz he was nice and they went to the same church and such.
This is the same poster who recently started a thread about Baylor losing to Miami... except they didn't.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You're thinking of the poster on the women's board who was mighty pi$$ed off when Jeff H was kicked to the curb and blamed Coach Calhoun for getting him fired. Apparently Herbst shoulda kept the guy coz he was nice and they went to the same church and such.
This is the same poster who recently started a thread about Baylor losing to Miami... except they didn't.

lol thanks, some of that is coming back to me now. Even better than I remembered.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Hey Jeff...

Ideas?

Hey Jeff....JC wins!!

Reaction Score

I guess I can't argue with his work ethic. He worked very hard at getting free automobiles in exchange for game tickets ... and lobbied (cried) pretty hard for pay raises when he thought he was doing the work of 2 positions ...

Reaction Score
Hiring Paul P is a skidmark that no pair of underwear will ever be completely clean from. You heard it here first.

That underwear would have been immediately thrown out!

Reaction Score

That's hilarious!

Reaction Score

Hey Jeff...

Ideas?

Good Answer

C

Chief00

He became all about bureaucratic self preservation. He was handed two national championships in 2004 and actual thought he had something to do with them. His ego grew.
In his defense - Calhoun and Geno wanted him, thinking he would continue Lew's policies and know his role. Power eventually got to him hence the car deals, money grabs and willingness to throw anyone under the bus to save his own butt. He was never a visionary but a pencil pusher. Yet he never established adequate academic tutoring or monitoring programs for student athletes. True, Calhoun may not have cared as long as the player stayed eligible but it was never Jim's job to do that - it was the AD's. When it came to an "institutional failure" it should have started with the AD not a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom