OT-Hartford area restaurants | The Boneyard

OT-Hartford area restaurants

Reaction Score
During our summer trip to CT next month Mrs. Greene and I will be hosting a 70th birthday party for one of her best friends from high school. There will be about 15 of us so a private room would be best. We would also like a place where the guests can order rather than have a fixed menu. Based solely on my recollection from 35 years ago either Cavey's in Manchester or Carbone's would fit these criteria. Two questions: 1. Are they still good places to eat? 2. Are there other places we should consider? I won't go so far as to say cost is not important but she would.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
During our summer trip to CT next month Mrs. Greene and I will be hosting a 70th birthday party for one of her best friends from high school. There will be about 15 of us so a private room would be best. We would also like a place where the guests can order rather than have a fixed menu. Based solely on my recollection from 35 years ago either Cavey's in Manchester or Carbone's would fit these criteria. Two questions: 1. Are they still good places to eat? 2. Are there other places we should consider? I won't go so far as to say cost is not important but she would.

Thanks.
Cavey's is although I have not been there for awhile. Think they are a cut above Carbone's.

Reaction Score
I would also consider Millwright's in Simsbury or, if it's on a weekend, On20 in the steam boiler building in Hartford.

Reaction Score
I would also consider Millwright's in Simsbury or, if it's on a weekend, On20 in the steam boiler building in Hartford.

Is On20 a new name for the club that was on the top floor?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IMG_3339.GIF

Reaction Score
Here we go. Carbone's and Cavey's might still be great, but they are dinosaurs. Hartford has some great new restaurants like:

Dish Bar and Grill. They have a large private dining room to the rear of the main dining room and depending on your night you could have it to yourself.
www.dishbarandgrill.com/dishbg/home.html

If Italian might be your thing, Salute has great food and awesome customer service. Tell Jimmy the owner Mike the architect sent you. There is a small private dining room with a window to the cook line. I think it max's out at 14 people.
Home

Also, Sorella has great wood fired Neopalitan pizzas and Italian entres with a nice private dining room down-stairs in the wine cellar.
Sorella Downtown Hartford - Wood Fired Pizza, Italian Restaurant, Full Bar, Wine, Private Dining

If ambiance has some importance, rest assured these places have been designed by a Boneyarder.

Reaction Score
Trumbull Kitchen has great food and a private upstairs room.

We had my wedding rehearsal dinner there and there were nothing but compliments from everyone who attended.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
just my personal preference but the chef that used to be at On20 actually has opened his own restaurant in Simsbury called Present company, its ratings and reviews are great, its a quaint location that would be perfect for a party of your size. I went recently and had the tasting menu with the wine pairing and it was tremendous.

Present Company CT

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Add Bricco Trattoria in Glastonbury to the list. They've got a nice private area and great food.

Reaction Score
I would have to say Carbone's has fallen quite a bit. To me, the best place is Max Downtown. 185 Asylum Ave.

Reaction Score
I would suggest Salute, Peppercorns, or my personal favorite Capitol Grille. Capitol Grille is very expensive but I think it is worth it with great food and great service.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestions. I will pass them on to my wife. Since it is her friend, it is her call.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Max downtown is closing for renovation starting July 1st and will be closed for two months from what I read.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom