OT: Hamburg and Frankfurt | The Boneyard

OT: Hamburg and Frankfurt

Reaction Score
Quick work trip next week, I'm going to have an extra day in each place. I don't have too much experience with Germany. Any recommendations for things to do while I'm there are appreciated. Only in those two cities.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Been to Germany a few times but never to either of those cities. If I was going to Hamburg I’d probably try to check out the clubs where the Beatles played, if any are still there. But I am a bit of a Beatles freak.

Reaction Score
Been to Germany a few times but never to either of those cities. If I was going to Hamburg I’d probably try to check out the clubs where the Beatles played, if any are still there. But I am a bit of a Beatles freak.

That's the one thing I've got on my list. Besides having a few beers and eating some sausage.

Reaction Score
Quick work trip next week, I'm going to have an extra day in each place. I don't have too much experience with Germany. Any recommendations for things to do while I'm there are appreciated. Only in those two cities.

I know what you shouldn't do. If you go to a Euro hoop game stay off the refs and stay in your lane.

Reaction Score
My wife lived there for a year, I can ask her later when she is home if you want.

Reaction Score

Hamburg's entertainment district is called the Reeperbahn. The last time I was there, Beatles clubs like the Indra Club, the Kaiserkeller, the Star Club and Top Ten were still operating though sometimes not exactly in the same buildings they occupied in the '60s and I think one of the clubs is now called 64. There's also a Beatles-Platz at the beginning of Grosse Freiheit where the clubs are located. There is more on Grosse Freiheit besides the Beatles. Much more. (Tip: Pay cash when you can and hold on to your credit cards).

Sightseeing is great. The City Hall square has vendors and performers, there is shopping in the city center. My favorite was a short cruise on the Elbe River.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have only been to Dusseldorf & Koln, however, I did want to tip you off that if you're at a beer garden, you might witness the disconcerting practice of deep throating sausages.

Couple of places I was at, if you ordered what was basically a sausage dinner plate, you got a tiny roll, some cabbage or kraut, maybe some potato salad-ish thing, and one or two very large sausages. People all around me skipped the utensils or the futility of trying to put the thing in the tiny roll and just picked it up with their hands and started gobbling.

When in Rome... or Hamburg.

Reaction Score
Wife was just in Hamburg last week. Great sightseeing and the Beatles museum. Also copped this sweet jersey

Attachments

• 206254.jpeg
    206254.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 38

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
That's the one thing I've got on my list. Besides having a few beers and eating some sausage.

I got flown out for a one off gig there 10 years ago. And eating sausage and drinking beer was entirely worth it. That great. That being said soflaSteve nailed it but undersold . That is red light district Amsterdam style. Very great time.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hamburg dug up

Attachments

• 941484F7-C65D-4BFA-B51E-E983C58616F6.jpeg
    941484F7-C65D-4BFA-B51E-E983C58616F6.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 33
Reaction Score
Hamburg's entertainment district is called the Reeperbahn. The last time I was there, Beatles clubs like the Indra Club, the Kaiserkeller, the Star Club and Top Ten were still operating though sometimes not exactly in the same buildings they occupied in the '60s and I think one of the clubs is now called 64. There's also a Beatles-Platz at the beginning of Grosse Freiheit where the clubs are located. There is more on Grosse Freiheit besides the Beatles. Much more. (Tip: Pay cash when you can and hold on to your credit cards).

Sightseeing is great. The City Hall square has vendors and performers, there is shopping in the city center. My favorite was a short cruise on the Elbe River.

All good advice. The tour of the harbor is excellent as is driving under the river in the tunnel which is accessed by car elevators on each side of the river! The seafood is also excellent as is the park in the center of town. Those Germans did a fantastic job rebuilding a completely destroyed city after the war.

In Frankfort be sure to see the Holy Roman Empire Museum.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No ketchup in Frankfurt. Ketchup in Hamburg except for a litlle joint called Louis Mittagessen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom