OT: Grote and Weigle hot dog warning | The Boneyard

OT: Grote and Weigle hot dog warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone started a post about Grote and Weigle going out of business a few months ago but I was in a grocery store at the deli counter and to my surprise there they were in the case! My favorite hot dogs lived. I bought some (always 8 because that is how rolls come packaged). They didn't look the same as they were longer, thinner and the color was different but I bought them anyway. They absolutely sucked; maybe the worst hot dog ever except for 1 I had at a stand in Georgia that was possibly made from possum meat.
Checking their web site I found that they are now owned by a company called Rachell Foods. Rumor is Rachell is a retired madam who grew up just down the street from the G & W plant in Bowls Park project.
So don't be fooled, they are G & W in name only.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought I read that they are being made in the same plant with the old owner as a consultant. Make no sense to mess with the recipe.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hebrew National in a walk.

As you might recall, Danzz, I'm also a Blue Hills guy. Played little league at Mark Twain across from Bowles Park. Passed the Grote and Weigle plant many a time on the way to Bloomfield. My second favorite to Hebrew National. The snack shack that was (is? haven't been there for a while) out on the course at Rockledge used to have Grote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom