OT- green dot in Iphone pictures | The Boneyard

OT- green dot in Iphone pictures

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Anyone experiencing this? Happens often with low light but pointed at a light source. Like a sunset photo.

Lots of Arguments over whether its lens flare or a defect in many articles. Some say it happens to all cameras. I upgraded from the 5s to the 8 and took a a few sunset pics. Looks terrible.

I looked back on my 5s library and see it there on sunset pics as well. The screen is smaller so I didn’t notice it as much, but a green dot is there. It’s dark green too while the 8 is lime green & very apparent.

Did find an app called Snapseed that has a health button & makes the dot disappear in 6/10 pics. If it lands on scenery your fine, but an object or person in the foreground, & it erases a body part.

You’d think on an expensive phone they could invent a filter for these sapphire lenses. Any thoughts?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s lens flare.

It’s unavoidable in cell phones where you can’t use a lens hood to prevent a strong light source from reflecting off something inside the lens. On my iPhone, the dot is green. On my Pixel, the dot is blue.

You can try to shade the lens with your hand or just remove the dot afterwards.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Whaler doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who tries taking pretty sunset pictures to throw up on instagram. Guess you learn something new every day

Reaction Score
It’s lens flare.

It’s unavoidable in cell phones where you can’t use a lens hood to prevent a strong light source from reflecting off something inside the lens. On my iPhone, the dot is green. On my Pixel, the dot is blue.

You can try to shade the lens with your hand or just remove the dot afterwards.

Wait, you have two phones? I thought that was just an urban legend.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who tries taking pretty sunset pictures to throw up on instagram. Guess you learn something new every day

I’m not but you might mean Fishy?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom