OT: Green Bay area ? | The Boneyard

OT: Green Bay area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A group of 14 of us are planning a fall trip to Green Bay to watch a Packer game. About half of attendees are in early 20's ( just out of college, first jobs). We are trying to keep cost down. So instead of an expensive package deal or getting hotels ( $400 - 500 per night), we are looking into renting a larger home, which would be more cost effective.

There are many very nice opportunities ( and cost effective) homes for rent. Just wondering if anyone here knows of which areas we should be looking at. Never been out to that area so have no idea. Looked at some in Oshkosh area. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction Score
Largely you should plan it around what you want to do at night. Oshkosh is kinda dead.

Reaction Score
Largely you should plan it around what you want to do at night. Oshkosh is kinda dead.
Will be heading into Green Bay as much as possible. All Packers fans and none of us have ever been to Lambeau for a game. So not that worried about activities around area we are staying in. Just looking for a home that would accommodate all of us, and that is not that far ( 20 - 30 minutes ) away from Green Bay. So if you can make any recommendations on areas that would be great. Maybe some are easier ride into Green Bay. thanks in advance

Reaction Score
Good stuff. If you check www.homeaway.com there are a lot of homes IN green bay that sleep 10+ for a few hundred a night. Some of the houses are within walking distance of the stadium. Game day there is unlike anywhere else.

Green Bay or Appleton are where you want to stay. There are clubs in Appleton - the visiting teams usually stay at the Radisson there. Some good bars in Green Bay also - Woodson's brother still owns a bar there - we hung out there after Woodson's charity golf tournament. Oshkosh is just out of the way.

Reaction Score
Thanks again for info. You must be a Packer fan. Any other must do items, please let me know. Going with 2 friends and there kids. My group includes my wife, 23 year old son , niece and her boyfriend. Very special that my niece is attending. She is the daughter of my brother that passed away 5 years ago. He was also a crazy Packer fan. He had been to Lambeau for a game, and his hope was to one day bring his daughter. Unfortunately that never happened, but I know he would be very happy we are planning this.

Again don't be afraid to bombard me with whatever Green bay info you have. Again greatly appreciate your help. Got to go, second half just started.

Reaction Score
I know - I'm watching also.

How are you planning to get there? I know this sounds crazy - but if there are that many of you and you are all going from here, you might want to look into getting a jet. If you fill one you might be able to get the cost down to under $500/person. Flying into GB is never cheap. I normally fly to Chicago and drive up, but it is a pain.

Reaction Score
Thanks again for info. Have been looking into flying into Chicago or Milwaukee. Never taught about chartering a jet. Will look into it. Again please feel free to send any info on things to do, restaurants, parking etc. All info greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom