OT: Great Deals in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Great Deals in CT

Reaction Score
Not food related, but for families who ski, Leisure Time in Southbury has a program where you pay $400 for new skis and boots for the kids, and you get to swap them out every year for free until the kids weigh 100 lbs. We are on year 4 and will probably get two more before my son is too big, and another year or two after that for my daughter.

Reaction Score
Not food related, but for families who ski, Leisure Time in Southbury has a program where you pay $400 for new skis and boots for the kids, and you get to swap them out every year for free until the kids weigh 100 lbs. We are on year 4 and will probably get two more before my son is too big, and another year or two after that for my daughter.
Don't ever feed your kids.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
On a similar note, Catamount has offered $20 mid-week (non-holiday) lift tickets for the past several seasons. You have to buy them on line, but you can do it that day so you can wait on the weather. I've taken advantage of it several times and have had some amazing powder days where I've skied for $1.00 per run. I'm hoping they will continue this now that they have been bought by the same people who own Berkshire East, but not clear yet.

Also, Mt. Snow has $17 lift tickets on St. Patrick's Day (or the Friday before if it falls on a Saturday). For the past several years it has been a good to great ski day, again skiing for $1.00 or less per run. You have to buy them in advance and I believe they have sold them until two days prior the past few years.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Let's hear them. Food, entertainment, breweries, museums, etc.

I will start with the breakfast sandwiches at Misty Vale Deli in Sandy Hook. $1.75 and tasty and good sized. Choice of bacon, sausage, or ham along with egg and cheese on a hard roll. Hard to beat this deal as it's 3 miles from my parents house.

Mods: please place OT in the title if possible, thank you.
As many times as I've driven by Misty Vale, I rarely see more than one or two cars in the lot. Especially in the morning rush, when commuter traffic and the students arriving at the high school engage in a massive cluster truck, Westbound traffic is often backed up from the Rte 84 entrance ramp past their driveway, so it becomes a pretty inconvenient place to stop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom