OT: Great Deals in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Great Deals in CT

Reaction Score
Let's hear them. Food, entertainment, breweries, museums, etc.

I will start with the breakfast sandwiches at Misty Vale Deli in Sandy Hook. $1.75 and tasty and good sized. Choice of bacon, sausage, or ham along with egg and cheese on a hard roll. Hard to beat this deal as it's 3 miles from my parents house.

Mods: please place OT in the title if possible, thank you.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Let's hear them. Food, entertainment, breweries, museums, etc.

I will start with the breakfast sandwiches at Misty Vale Deli in Sandy Hook. $1.75 and tasty and good sized. Choice of bacon, sausage, or ham along with egg and cheese on a hard roll. Hard to beat this deal as it's 3 miles from my parents house.

Mods: please place OT in the title if possible, thank you.
A) Are we all welcome at mom & dad's before or after?
B) Did I possibly see a billboard for this just yesterday? #latticeofcoincidence

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lunch at Charley's Place, the cafeteria inside Yale's School of Management. Cashless, pay-one-price ($8) with a variety of different and interesting choices every day.

The food trucks outside Ingall's Rink.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Food trucks by the water in the New Haven/ IKEA area. Bring $15 & eat well.
Try the Ingalls Rink trucks some time. Better variety and value imo, although the Mexican ones at Long Wharf are very good.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Try the Ingalls Rink trucks some time. Better variety and value imo, although the Mexican ones at Long Wharf are very good.
What town?

Reaction Score
Valencia Luncheria in Norwalk, CT. Venezuelan beach food and always packed. Not everything on the menu is cheap, but their flagship items are $3.75 empanadas and $5 arepas.

Rincon Taqueria in Norwalk, CT is known for their huge portions. Their rice and beans entree is large enough to share for two and still be full. $14.50 for a huge platter with added meats.

Teff in Stamford, CT. Arguably my favorite restaurant. Amazing authentic Ethiopian/Eritrean food and if you stick to their vegan menu, you leave there incredible full and spending only $13 for incredible food in a relaxing restaurant.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Arethusa farm dairy in Bantam has some of the best Ice cream in the state. Get one scoop/two flavors in a waffle cone, very generous serving size. High end stuff for a very reasonable price.
Same available on Chapel Street in New Haven.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Good call, and though parking is trickier, Cedar Street within the Yale NHHospital/Medical School complex is the largest variety and number of trucks and in the city.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Food trucks by the water in the New Haven/ IKEA area. Bring $15 & eat well.
IKEA itself has value-packed breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal options, wifi, good light, and a decent selection of home goods beyond furniture.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I just haven't been there to verify the serving size. If it's the same price and healthy serving then that's awesome!
Yes, continues to strike me as (in context) 'underpriced' for the location & quality. Nice to hear the same applies in Litchfield.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good call, and though parking is trickier, Cedar Street within the Yale NHHospital/Medical School complex is the largest variety and number of trucks and in the city.
Agreed, but I avoid that area unless I have to be there. Wayyy too congested due to hospital.

Reaction Score
Yes, continues to strike me as (in context) 'underpriced' for the location & quality. Nice to hear the same applies in Litchfield.

The prices went up in Litchfield (last year?) and it still feels underpriced. Especially when you look in the freezers and coolers at the other products that they offer, they are priced as you would expect their award winning cheese to be. It's nice that have been able to keep prices down.

Reaction Score
The prices went up in Litchfield (last year?) and it still feels underpriced. Especially when you look in the freezers and coolers at the other products that they offer, they are priced as you would expect their award winning cheese to be. It's nice that have been able to keep prices down.
They make an absolute killing.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
My family had breakfast for the first time today at Eagle’s Nest in Terryville. Family run, very clean, home style cooking, affordable, delicious. Try the chicken & rice soup. We will be back!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom