OT - GPS/Rangefinder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - GPS/Rangefinder

Reaction Score
My club, I'm a member at, has GPS devices installed in all carts. I can get distances to everything. I still wear my bushnell watch because I'm used to it and it's nice having the yardage on me. I have a couple range finders, but rarely use them unless playing a new course.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
What do you want to know I have a bushnell? There is no secret you are either good enough for a range finder or you’re not...
Great point. Once I am consistent with my shot I will possibly look into one.

Reaction Score
I have a Garmin something watch that I charge up and throw on my bag every round and use every once in a while, especially new courses. But the guys I play with have the rangefinders and they unzip the things and use them then put them back and zip them back up it takes time. You don’t need 4 guys doing this every time they get to their ball I hate slow play. If I’m past a guy using his and he’s 128 in andnim about 15 yards or so in front I don’t need to look at anything I have a clue. I actually guess the yardage’s very close all the time not bragging just can tell after thousands of rounds especially courses I’ve played which are often.

Their great but overrated for me. I can shoot 70 and I can shoot 88 it has nothing to do with the GPS or rangefinder if the round goes south for me. Just play......going to play a cash scramble right now defending champs my other 3 guys have rangefinders lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm a much bigger fan of GPS than the range finder. Like getting distance of whole hole on the tee box and basic info to from/back of hazards.

I use Golf Logix app on my phone. Think it costs about $30/yr.

I'm a less is more person on course for information.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My club, I'm a member at, has GPS devices installed in all carts. I can get distances to everything. I still wear my bushnell watch because I'm used to it and it's nice having the yardage on me. I have a couple range finders, but rarely use them unless playing a new course.

One of the local clubs has that in carts too. They also can cut off your cart's power if you aren't obeying 90 degree rule or other daily driving rules based on course conditions. It even pings pro shop with cart number and location to let ranger lay you a visit. A bit over the top for me but they technology is out there.

Reaction Score
One of the local clubs has that in carts too. They also can cut off your cart's power if you aren't obeying 90 degree rule or other daily driving rules based on course conditions. It even pings pro shop with cart number and location to let ranger lay you a visit. A bit over the top for me but they technology is out there.
Yes, I can even order food from it and pick up at the turn from the clubhouse grill.

Reaction Score
I'm a much bigger fan of GPS than the range finder. Like getting distance of whole hole on the tee box and basic info to from/back of hazards.

I use Golf Logix app on my phone. Think it costs about $30/yr.

I'm a less is more person on course for information.
If your less is more why use it at all

Reaction Score
Shot scope v2 golf watch. Not as accurate as a laser finder but it was RFID tags that go into the end of each club and give me lots of stats for my play (distances of clubs), trends in where I’m screwing up, etc. it’s also just a cool toy and let’s be honest, golfers like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom