OT: Got the call... | The Boneyard

OT: Got the call...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Friday morning I am at work. Got a call from a representative of the new management for UConn athletic marketing. Said that he was my personal contact for all matters in UConn Athletics. Wanted background. What was my connection to UConn (Alumnus, family members are alumni or current students)? What was my tailgating crew like(Derek Chard's parents & personal friends)? What could he do to keep me happy as a season ticket holder?
As I didn't have time to chat, I asked if he had my e-mail address. His reply was Yes & he repeated it back to me. I told him to drop me an e-mail with his contact info & I would get back to him.

It was a refreshing approach.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Those poor reps are in for a long winter with what they are going to hear from the fans.....

I agree that it's a nice improvement though to help show they care about the customers that are the most important to retain.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
What is the point of all this...they know what they need to do and won't do it.

Reaction Score
ask them to take you through the economics of the football team and the coach. And about the atheltic department. Ask them what the future is for the football team, the olympic sports and how the atheltic department is going to survive once the $10M in Big East money runs out in 2017 and the $24M in subsidies go away in 2018? Ask them what exactly are you supporting going forward.

do it in a nice email and see if they get back to you.

Reaction Score
ask them to take you through the economics of the football team and the coach. And about the atheltic department. Ask them what the future is for the football team, the olympic sports and how the atheltic department is going to survive once the $10M in Big East money runs out in 2017 and the $24M in subsidies go away in 2018? Ask them what exactly are you supporting going forward.

do it in a nice email and see if they get back to you.

Do you understand their role? Apparently not or you wouldn't suggest asking such ridiculous questions. They are not hired to explain the economics of the athletic dept or how UConn will overcome budgetary issues. They are available to assist you in buying tickets to make it easier. If you're concerned about UConn's financial challenges then be part of the solution and donate to UConn athletics. That's a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom