OT: Google has taken over Georgia Tech! | The Boneyard

OT: Google has taken over Georgia Tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, not really. The movie, "The Internship", is filming on campus, and due to wrap up in the next week - just in time for classes to start. It stars Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as recently laid off 40 somethings trying to get an internship with Google. The GT campus is being used as a stand in for Google's "campus". They have turned the courtyard outside the Klaus Advance Computing building into a rainbow of Google colors, down to dozens of bicycles painted in red, blue, yellow and green and Google colored adirondack chairs spread across the open grassy area . The Undergraduate Learning Center building has a staircase with room for sitting to the side that is packed with Google colored pillows, bean bags, and other fun stuff. That area is taped off with "hot set", so much as I wanted to go plop into one of the bean bag chairs and rest from the weary trip, I have a feeling security would have booted my bootie right down those stairs. Lots of the signs on that part of campus have been replaced with "Google" signage and false addresses. Pity the poor freshmen whose task is daunting enough finding their way around campus with the normal GT signage. Campus is very busy right now...last freshman orientation, freshmen and returning student move in, and filming of a major movie.

I am thinking I will leave my husband and son to go move into the dorm on their own while I wander over and happen to "pass through" the filming area. There are signs that they put out that say they are filming and walking in that area may result in you being filmed in the background. Fine by me! I could add "uncredited movie extra" to my resume!

If you go see the movie you will now know that a good part of the movie was filmed on the GT campus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom