OT: Giants fire Reese, McAdoo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants fire Reese, McAdoo

Reaction Score
You are so delusional that I actually respect it.

Also, you are wrong and only a fool would say he did a credible job and it was Coughlin's fault. You spent the entire thread saying Reese was fine and respected and that it was Coughlin's fault that they stunk. I can give you fact after fact (something you clearly are not a fan of) about his drafting, FA signings, ect. to demonstrate he is one of if not worst GMs in the league and your defense is a USA today article from 2016, I mean all I can do is laugh. You were 100% wrong then and 100% wrong now. But keeping lying about the posts which everyone can read and continue to wonder why no one has respect for your opinions around here.

Also, you are an adult male do not ever say "LOL" again.

I have always held that Reese was a mediocre GM that made a few very good picks. He wasn't the worst or the best. Everyone of my posts reflect that opinion. PERIOD. The vast majority of professionals who follow the NFL agree with my assessment. If I point out his signing of Victor Cruz was one of the best UDFA moves of the decade, it does not mean I'm singing his praises. It means I acknowledge facts and reality.

I also thought that Coughlin cost the Giants game after game with his awful clock management, that he made poor personnel decisions, and his two Super Bowl victories only happened because Eli dragged him there.

I also believe that the Giants have either been unlucky (or are doing something wrong in S&C) to consistent lead the NFL in injuries and that is also a contributor to their poor W/L record. I am not sure who to blame for that. Once again. Read my posts. My opinion is consistent and clear.

You guys are simply fans who who thinks everyone sucks when a team loses. I should know better than to engage such folks but what can I say, I'm a loving person who never stop educating. I don't expect an apology because you are simply a reactionary.

Reaction Score
I have always held that Reese was a mediocre GM that made a few very good picks. He wasn't the worst or the best. Everyone of my posts reflect that opinion. PERIOD. The vast majority of professionals who follow the NFL agree with my assessment. If I point out his signing of Victor Cruz was one of the best UDFA moves of the decade, it does not mean I'm singing his praises. It means I acknowledge facts and reality.

I also thought that Coughlin cost the Giants game after game with his awful clock management, that he made poor personnel decisions, and his two Super Bowl victories only happened because Eli dragged him there.

I also believe that the Giants have either been unlucky (or are doing something wrong in S&C) to consistent lead the NFL in injuries and that is also a contributor to their poor W/L record. I am not sure who to blame for that. Once again. Read my posts. My opinion is consistent and clear.

You guys are simply fans who who thinks everyone sucks when a team loses. I should know better than to engage such folks but what can I say, I'm a loving person who never stop educating. I don't expect an apology because you are simply a reactionary.
And again you are wrong, especially about Coughlin.

Signing VC and a “few very good picks” in over a decade of work, that is what makes a credible and well respected GM to you, awesome.

But hey a sporting news review and a us today ranking called him mediocre so he shouldn’t be fired according to you.

You were wrong two years ago and even more wrong today.

Reaction Score

And we think you are a Jerry Reese BFF turd..so I guess we are even

Reaction Score
And again you are wrong, especially about Coughlin.

Signing VC and a “few very good picks” in over a decade of work, that is what makes a credible and well respected GM to you, awesome.

But hey a sporting news review and a us today ranking called him mediocre so he shouldn’t be fired according to you.

You were wrong two years ago and even more wrong today.
You think Coughlin ever learned to manage the game clock? He even manage to embarrass himself in a Super Bowl win with his awful clock management.

Reaction Score
You think Coughlin ever learned to manage the game clock? He even manage to embarrass himself in a Super Bowl win with his awful clock management.
You think Jerry Reese gave him good players to work with? Take a look at the draft picks I posted earlier in this thread, you might learn something and stop embarrassing yourself.

In that thread where you defended Reese you said lets revisit this later and see who ended up being the problem. Well TC is gone nd Reese was still there and the Giants are 2-10. So who is the problem?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What's sad about McAdoo is that Ray Handley lasted longer.

@Jerry1714 In all fairness, the average NFL career is less than 4 years. Going back a decade for your analysis is sort of disingenuous. An argument can be made that the 2008 (2007 season) Super Bowl belongs to Ernie Accorsi, but they did win in 2012 (2011 season) as well.

That said, Reese had to go. Now if only John Mara steps down...

Reaction Score

@Jerry1714 In all fairness, the average NFL career is less than 4 years. Going back a decade for your analysis is sort of disingenuous. An argument can be made that the 2008 (2007 season) Super Bowl belongs to Ernie Accorsi, but they did win in 2012 (2011 season) as well.

Not really...it shows a repeated pattern of ineptness that has pretty much driven the NYG into the ground!

Reaction Score

The 2008 SB 100% belongs to Acorsi, look at the roster for the 2012 one, that also belongs to him. Will Beatty was the only OL starter Reese drafted or brought in on that team. None of the LB were Reese acquisitions, Tuck and Eli the two biggest figures on that team Acorsi guys.

As @FDNY99 said the graphic shows a pattern and it also used to show that these are the guys Coughlin had to work with as these are the draft classes his teams were built on (sadly for him). As a point of reference from 2011-13 Reese has 3 picks still in the league and only 1 plays for the Giants, Seattle during that time frame? 18 guys. You want to explain why the Giants have been bad of late look no further than that, 3 completely wasted drafts.

Looking at the drafts after that graphic, the 2015 class outside of Landon Collins and Ereck Flowers (who sucks) may be out of the league next year . The 2014 already has one guy out of the league, and Andre Williams is on the verge of it.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Looking at the drafts after that graphic, the 2015 class outside of Landon Collins and Ereck Flowers (who sucks) may be out of the league next year . The 2014 already has one guy out of the league, Andre Williams is on the verge of it.

That's a much better argument.

Reaction Score
To assess how a team drafts, you can not only look at their draft. You have to compare how they draft to the other teams in the league. And remember drafting is only part of a GM's job. Free agency is just as important.

You may find the Giants to be bad or awful. But there are a dozen teams that are as bad or worse.

Here is a five year analysis from the NY Post. Giants #20 https://nypost.com/2017/04/22/studying-5-years-of-nfl-drafts-to-find-best-worst-teams-at-picking/
2010 to 2014. Giants #23, note, first three rounds only Should Cowboys Stay Put Or Trade Down?
The Giants are 29th in this five year analysis. Grading every NFL team's draft performance over the last 5 years
In this ranking of GMs, Reese is 14, suggesting he uses FA bettter than he drafts. NFL's Best GMs 2017 - Rotoworld.com
Here Reese is rated #12 NFL GM rankings: Best, worst decision-makers in the league

I am sorry to discuss this rationally with folks who prefer to yell and scream and present half the story. All GMs have pluses and minuses. All are a mix of good and bad. This is not a defense of Reese. I have always considered him to be middle of the pack. Mediocre. Rather it is an attempt to be objective and thoughtful. And I am aware attempts to objective and thoughtful are not always appreciated on the BY.

Reaction Score
To assess how a team drafts, you can not only look at their draft. You have to compare how they draft to the other teams in the league. And remember drafting is only part of a GM's job. Free agency is just as important.

You may find the Giants to be bad or awful. But there are a dozen teams that are as bad or worse.

Here is a five year analysis from the NY Post. Giants #20 https://nypost.com/2017/04/22/studying-5-years-of-nfl-drafts-to-find-best-worst-teams-at-picking/
2010 to 2014. Giants #23, note, first three rounds only Should Cowboys Stay Put Or Trade Down?
The Giants are 29th in this five year analysis. Grading every NFL team's draft performance over the last 5 years
In this ranking of GMs, Reese is 14, suggesting he uses FA bettter than he drafts. NFL's Best GMs 2017 - Rotoworld.com
Here Reese is rated #12 NFL GM rankings: Best, worst decision-makers in the league

I am sorry to discuss this rationally with folks who prefer to yell and scream and present half the story. All GMs have pluses and minuses. All are a mix of good and bad. This is not a defense of Reese. I have always considered him to be middle of the pack. Mediocre. Rather it is an attempt to be objective and thoughtful. And I am aware attempts to objective and thoughtful are not always appreciated on the BY.
You able to put forth any of your analysis on the FAs or are you only capable of copying and pasting links of other people's work? Because I would love to see it and rebut it with actual evidence and facts, not Buzzfeed rankings.

Reaction Score

Why don't you go play frogger in rush hour traffic on the Beltway

Husky25

Reaction Score
Here is a five year analysis from the NY Post. Giants #20
2010 to 2014. Giants #23, note, first three rounds only
The Giants are 29th in this five year analysis.
In this ranking of GMs, Reese is 14, suggesting he uses FA bettter than he drafts.
Here Reese is rated #12
So let me see if I have this straight.

Your argument for Reese being a mediocre GM are three articles that rank him (if not on the verge, then) solidly inside the lower 1/3 of the league and a 4th article (where he is ranked 12th, the high side of mediocrity) published just before the season in which (not after) he was fired.

Reaction Score

Your argument for Reese being a mediocre GM are three articles that rank him (if not on the verge, then) solidly inside the lower 1/3 of the league and a 4th article (where he is ranked 12th, the high side of mediocrity) published just before the season in which (not after) he was fired.
Welcome to the @Palatine / Jerry Reese Love Fest Zone....the place where @Palatine will in the same post..sometimes in the same sentence...say that Reese is a mediocre GM in one breath and press his profound love and devotion to his BFF in the next one. Trust me when I say he is in deep mourning about what happened yesterday at 10:30 am (according to the time line laid out by John Mara in his press conference yesterday).

Husky25

Reaction Score
Welcome to the @Palatine / Jerry Reese Love Fest Zone....the place where @Palatine will in the same post..sometimes in the same sentence...say that Reese is a mediocre GM in one breath and press his profound love and devotion to his BFF in the next one.
I know Pal's MO. It doesn't vary significantly across boards. He is not anything if not fun though.

Reaction Score

Hey here is my support that Reese has done a credible job and is well respected in the league, it is an article in which Reese is ranked 29th out of 32 GMs in the league. So obviously I am the rationale one and all of you are crazy.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Good on both counts as i wanted them both gone, especially Reese. He only moved up in the drafts never trying to get additional picks. He was a needs pick guy not the board.
McAdoo was just a lousy leader and coach

Reaction Score
Hey here is my support that Reese has done a credible job and is well respected in the league, it is an article in which Reese is ranked 29th out of 32 GMs in the league. So obviously I am the rationale one and all of you are crazy.

Yes, I am not afraid to post an outlier. And even that article does not have him as the worst.

However, he was NOT the worst draft picker in NFL history, he didn't stink, suck and he wasn't the worst as many of your hysterical reactions say. Are you so incapable of understanding that even a poor or mediocre GM can have good points? Is your entire world black and white with no shades of grey?

Reaction Score
Yes, I am not afraid to post an outlier. And even that article does not have him as the worst.

However, he was NOT the worst draft picker in NFL history, he didn't stink, suck and he wasn't the worst as many of your hysterical reactions say. Are you so incapable of understanding that even a poor or mediocre GM can have good points? Is your entire world black and white with no shades of grey?
I did not say he was the worst in NFL history, try attributing quotes to the correct people, like we have with you. My god I am embarrassed we share the same profession.

As for the rest of your post, the logic is so flawed, stupid, and absurd I am just going to let it sit there so people can laugh at you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom