OT - Geno's Grill in Storrs | The Boneyard

OT - Geno's Grill in Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Was in Storrs last week and finally stopped in for a little food at Geno's Grill and thought I would give a report. Really liked the placed - felt open, clean, with nice atmosphere. Staff was mostly Uconn students and while maybe not the most polished they were friendly and provided good service. I sat at the bar and started with the 'Meat and Cheese' board, planning on ordering something else with my second beer - never got around to it. Highly recommend that dish - selection of Italian meats, cheeses, and a lot of vegetables/spreads with a basket of bread on the side. Before that arrived I was also served a scoop of the artichoke spread with olive oil as a gratis starter - something I gather they do all the time though they cycle through different varieties. I thought the olive oil was a very good quality by the way. The pizza's being ordered looked really good, but they are more 'italian' than most people will be used to - definitely not american heavy topping pizza so be warned. I thought the prices were reasonable - entrees maybe a little pricy. The wine list is solid and not over the top and the number of wines by the glass is impressive. Bar selection is also good with five good beers on tap and some nice top shelf options. Definitely will head back there again - I would rank this as the best 'relaxed' fine dining place in Storrs - not much competition but compares favorably to the Nathan Hale and Altnaveigh. Certainly nice to have it as an option. I was impressed by the number of covers being served on a rainy Monday night with school out of session. If they can keep that up, and it looked like a number of people were regulars, then they should stay open!
One word of warning - it has a European feeling as far as food portions - not the American ideal of over generous portions - if you are really hungry you may want to go elsewhere.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for the report. I hope to try it this coming season. You went all the way to Geno's for dinner? I thought Miami had some good restaurants. :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Still have a home in Storrs - undergoing major renovations at the moment - Miami does have great food, but it also gets pretty hot come summer time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom