OT: General knowledge test #573A | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: General knowledge test #573A

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Wire Chief, I did not answer the third question, concerning the appearance of In God we trust on the money, as I did not know the correct answer. The Treasury Department web site says that it first appeared in 1864 , and it appears our Silly Old Bear was not the closest. I think Sir Grand Canyon wins the lady's finery. It appeared on paper money in 1957 as per Treasury.
Yep. On the paper money, I had no idea. But I did collect coins once upon a time, and knew it appeared on (IIRC) at least a 2 cent piece back in the Civil War days. I admit at that point to just picking the mid-point of the war for a year.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yep. On the paper money, I had no idea. But I did collect coins once upon a time, and knew it appeared on (IIRC) at least a 2 cent piece back in the Civil War days. I admit at that point to just picking the mid-point of the war for a year.
Winner and still champion! I had no clear date in mind, so I looked it up after the final results were published. Well in this case the penultimate results. I await the amended version from the Chief. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I realize that to be true. I was trying (albeit unsuccessfully as evidenced by your post) to be facetious to cover up for my error in reading meditators as mediators. Even now as I type the word meditators is underlined as being incorrect. When I post reply, that underline will disappear in the posted version. Sorry but i failed my attempt at humor! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! As one of the two that misread the word, having been humiliated by Wire Chief previously, I fall on my sword in front of all the Boneheads in the yard. The tag team assault was too much to bear! ;):p:rolleyes:

Being the other culprit, I had never heard the word used in that fashion and believed that The Testmesister had merely misspelled the word. Jokes on me, but I always have fun with these quizzes anyway, especially the ones that totally skunk me.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Wire Chief, I did not answer the third question, concerning the appearance of In God we trust on the money, as I did not know the correct answer. The Treasury Department web site says that it first appeared in 1864 , and it appears our Silly Old Bear was not the closest. I think Sir Grand Canyon wins the lady's finery. It appeared on paper money in 1957 as per Treasury.

Then we shall award the coins to Knight and the greenbacks to the Bear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom