OT gasoline for less than a buck a gal | The Boneyard

OT gasoline for less than a buck a gal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i filled up my old Camry this morning at Sams at 1.94 a gal.
I thought that was amazing
But this Afternoon I filled up m wife's car at Fry' s grocery (western name for Krogers)
We get double Pts for gift card purchases and I accumulated a dollar in reward points
So I filled up the tank at 99c per gal . That's something I thought would never happen in my lifetime.
That is a great feeling to pay less $15 for 15 gals of gas

Reaction Score
i filled up my old Camry this morning at Sams at 1.94 a gal.
I thought that was amazing
But this Afternoon I filled up m wife's car at Fry' s grocery (western name for Krogers)
We get double Pts for gift card purchases and I accumulated a dollar in reward points
So I filled up the tank at 99c per gal . That's something I thought would never happen in my lifetime.
That is a great feeling to pay less $15 for 15 gals of gas
Amazing how just a couple years ago there was talk about gas shortages and tapping in to the reserve. all bs! plenty of fuel to go around just a bunch of greed. business as usual.

Reaction Score
You're a total idiot, good observation.

Amazing how just a couple years ago there was talk about gas shortages and tapping in to the reserve. all bs! plenty of fuel to go around just a bunch of greed. business as usual.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This is an attempt by OPEC to undermine our more advanced (more expensive) oil extraction techniques. Enjoy it while it last. I think we will be paying closer to $4 by summer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is an attempt by OPEC to undermine our more advanced (more expensive) oil extraction techniques. Enjoy it while it last. I think we will be paying closer to $4 by summer.
Precisely. Or something along those lines. Fracking is helping the price, as well as Canada and the U.S pumping oil out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Actually it is the Saudi's defying OPEC (I know, this belongs in the cesspool) in order to damage the economies in Iran and Russia.

Reaction Score
My old lady does gas points like a champ. We haven't spent over $1 a gallon in 6 months. Last week, she filled up our Aspen, with 22 gallons for $2.30, total. That should have been near $75 just a few months ago. Usually she gets gas for like 75 cents a gallon. She's a keeper.

Reaction Score
Gas prices have been unnaturally high for 1 1/2 years now. Should have been $80 a gallon tops. This is a market reaction to speculation. It is also because of reduced demand in slowing China and flatlining Europe.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I thought it was that some ways of getting oil (fracking, shale etc) are only profitable over $120/barrel or 140/barrel. The Saudis and others have cheaper oil and have decided to fllood the market to hurt the alternative producers. I thought it was only good fortune (by US govt. standards) that Russia, Iran and Venezuela were feeling the sting of it.
Too bad it didn't include North Korea too. But I do believe we got their internet pretty scrambled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom