OT: Game of Thrones | The Boneyard

OT: Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This obviously has nothing to do with basketball in any way shape or form..

But for all you fans on the boneyard what is your reaction to last nights episode?

I got up and started screaming at my TV violently

Reaction Score
I have read the book so I knew it was coming but it is certainly a bummer to see that happen especially when he was so close to finally getting back at the Lannisters.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
This obviously has nothing to do with basketball in any way shape or form..

But for all you fans on the boneyard what is your reaction to last nights episode?

I got up and started screaming at my TV violently

First you should indicate that there is the possibility of huge SPOILERS in the thread title.

Unfortunately for me I kinda knew what was going to happen because I know a lot of people that have read the books and are not very good at not saying anything at all. One little slip here, another there, and then a couple weeks ago I finally put it all together. Still it was absolutely terrible and I didn't know the full extent so there were some surprises.

I decided that the only way to not get the story spoiled was to man up and read the books. It has been totally worth it so far. I'm half way through the second book so I should finish book 5 before the next season starts.

Reaction Score
I read the books as well- best episode yet- hardest part was not telling my wife. It keeps getting crazier- don't worry. My wife is so coo coo she got a picture on the dragon throne (it weights 5000 pounds) and brought me back a "dragon egg" from a HBO event- it nice to know you can still be a dork in your 40s.

Reaction Score
Check out the thread on entertainment board. Actually, there are two. The second is a spoiler alert thread.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Didn't see the episode yet but have read all the books. I think it's pretty funny how apes5hit people are going.

I read some recaps earlier this season where the recapper (who hadn't read the books) was talking about Robb Stark and what a great character he was, etc. Had to chuckle to myself.

There's a little bit of schadenfraude involved for those of us who have read the book. (This is super nerdy; I'm aware of that.)

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I have read the books and was still somewhat taken aback that they made it even more gruesome than was needed (Robb's wife was not there or pregnant in the book and her murder was intense. Some of the reaction was because my wife was watching and has not read the books. I knew she was going to hate the explicit violence, possibly reducing my enjoyment of how well it was done (and it was well done, IMHO). HBO is doing a great job telling this story. The author seems to take delight in killing off the characters that are the most upstanding or best loved.

Reaction Score
I have read the books and was still somewhat taken aback that they made it even more gruesome than was needed (Robb's wife was not there or pregnant in the book and her murder was intense. Some of the reaction was because my wife was watching and has not read the books. I knew she was going to hate the explicit violence, possibly reducing my enjoyment of how well it was done (and it was well done, IMHO). HBO is doing a great job telling this story. The author seems to take delight in killing off the characters that are the most upstanding or best loved.
It was one of the more violent scenes that I have ever seen on TV- but it was the "red wedding" and it was a hot mess in the books as well. I thought it was very well done.

Reaction Score
http://www.theonion.com/articles/oh...g&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

Reaction Score
I haven't read the books and have a good friend who has done a GREAT job at answering questions in a way that hasn't given away any spoiler the entire way. I've seen the first 2 seasons twice now and I watch the episodes in this season live, then on my iPad with director commentary later in the week.

So.....the Red Wedding ate me alive. As I've come to expect? Once you're comfortable in GoT, you're vulnerable...but I just didn't see it because of the scene with Robb and Cat where she told him to make them feel what it's like to lose someone. That sold me (easy as it may have been).

1) I'm comfortable about the Khaleesi right now (and I hate that)
2) Sam and his stupid wilding staring at The Wall doesn't bode well either. And I won't cry about that one if it happens.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Didn't see the episode yet but have read all the books. I think it's pretty funny how apes5hit people are going.

When it happened in the books, I was gnikcvf shocked. Even given all that had gone on.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
1) I'm comfortable about the Khaleesi right now (and I hate that)
2) Sam and his stupid wilding staring at The Wall doesn't bode well either. And I won't cry about that one if it happens.

Sam is a gnikcvf weiner. He is in the books, but they some how made him even worse on the show.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How far have you read?

SPOILER ALERT!
(Edited...you can't hide a spoiler in a threaded discussion.)

Reaction Score
Pretty shocking,unexpected and down right brutal! I cant believe the backlash some fans have given the show over it. some are swearing to never watch the show again and cancel their hbo subscription lol!

Reaction Score
I have never been that stunned by a tv episode in my life. It was brilliant and brutal.

Reaction Score
This is a great compliation of people reacting to the scene. If you haven't watched the episode yet don't watch this.

The part when it looked like that dog was coming over to console that girl at 3:50 was hilarious. LMAO

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Crazy scene, just wished he had waited a bit to do. I bet if he knew it would be this popular he would have. After this I found it to be a bit of a drop off action wise. Plus I started reading when it first came out and there were big gaps between the releases which didn't help much.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Was the Red Wedding as shocking as Lady Sybil dying after childbirth on Downton Abbey? That really pi**ed me off.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Was the Red Wedding as shocking as Lady Sybil dying after childbirth on Downton Abbey? That really pi**ed me off.

Take the shock value of Sybil's death, multiply by the number of significant characters coming to their ends all at once in GOT and add in major points for extreme gruesomeness in GOT, to come up with the relative shock number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom