OT : Future AAC Bowl Games | The Boneyard

OT : Future AAC Bowl Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This really blows. We don't below with this group. We just need to get into a power conference ASAP. I really hope our admin is spending a ton of time focusing on that.

Reaction Score
It's no use rehashing what's happened. Our leadership for a decade, fumbled badly, and we're paying for it now. The leadership now, can only do everything they can to change things, and from all indications I can gather, that's what they're doing.

The change that can really be beneficial, and that we have NO control over, is that the college football playoff quickly be recognized for the sham it is, and that public and media scrutiny quickly drive it into a true national championship playoff among conference champions and force Notre Dame into a conference.

Reaction Score
It's no use rehashing what's happened. Our leadership for a decade, fumbled badly, and we're paying for it now. The leadership now, can only do everything they can to change things, and from all indications I can gather, that's what they're doing.

The change that can really be beneficial, and that we have NO control over, is that the college football playoff quickly be recognized for the sham it is, and that public and media scrutiny quickly drive it into a true national championship playoff among conference champions and force Notre Dame into a conference.

This along with forcing the Big 12 to go to 12 teams is the best bet to get the CR wheel rolling again. Without these things happening I fear we will see CR settling down until the Big 12 GOR nears its end

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
RIP college football. They are going to destroy the sport from within.

I don't know whether to like this or not. It is an absolute true statement, but the implications thereof are a complete shame.

If "Big Time" college football turns into a pay for play situation, I will probably find something else to do with my time on Saturday afternoons. It will be like watching AAA baseball, the NBDL, or AHL Hockey.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 expands Cinci is likely guaranteed a spot and it would seem likely that BYU or a Florida school would get the nod to be 12. It has to be our unrelenting goal that if/when the Big12 expands that we are picked ahead of USF, UCF or BYU.

Hell, even if the ACC were to expand would anyone really be shocked if we were blackballed in lieu of Cinci or even Temple?

Reaction Score
This along with forcing the Big 12 to go to 12 teams is the best bet to get the CR wheel rolling again. Without these things happening I fear we will see CR settling down until the Big 12 GOR nears its end
The Big 12 thing will not necessarily start the ball if they go to 12
That simply add Cinn as WV partner and western team.
P5 stops there

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Might as well make the best of this wretched situation....at least the AAC is the anchor conference for the Miami bowl. While the opponent won't be elite....very cool stadium and great city to visit in Dec/Jan.

In my opinion....this will be a better bowl than international, Beef 'O Brady or Pinstripe bowl.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 thing will not necessarily start the ball if they go to 12
That simply add Cinn as WV partner and western team.
P5 stops there

Except they won't go to 12 unless the playoffs changes require a conference champ and no independents. Notre Dame will have to go all in to the ACC. I know everyone here wants the B1G but more than likely the new home for UCONN will be the ACC

Reaction Score
I don't know whether to like this or not. It is an absolute true statement, but the implications thereof are a complete shame.

If "Big Time" college football turns into a pay for play situation, I will probably find something else to do with my time on Saturday afternoons. It will be like watching AAA baseball, the NBDL, or AHL Hockey.
I happened to wander into a D3 game this weekend. it was fun, the players gave it all they had, the tailgating (right next to the stadium) was cool, I got a free beer just for chatting with a guy who was sitting next to me in the stands, and it was free to get in. On his way to the locker room the head coach stopped by the tailgate and thanked everyone for coming and supporting his team. And the President of the school tossed a frizz-be with a couple of young kids at the next tailgate. if this becomes a pay-for-play situation, rather than spend 30-50 bucks to go to the Rent, I'll spend zero and head to Trinity or Wesleyan or Coast Guard to get my fix.

Reaction Score
It's sad. The State of CT of and university spent probably close to 200 million to ramp up to this level. Were not trying to do this on the cheap like UMass and others. We were asked to step up, help the Big East and did it without asking other Big East schools to partially finance our upgrade like Villanova. At the end of the day, what did we get for doing this the right way? I still have hope all this wasn't to play in some Bahamas bowl against the likes of Western Kentucky, or Florida International, as the most we have to look forward to.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...lets see, Bahamas for a few days during the holidays against a Mountain West or independant team or freezing my butt off at Yankee Stadium just to say you got to play some 6-6 ACC team that you've most likely played a handful of times in the past and that doesn't want you in their conference. Tailgating on a nice, warm, sunny beach or in a overpriced, frozen parking lot in the Bronx. Decisions, decisions

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hmmm...lets see, Bahamas for a few days during the holidays against a Mountain West or independant team or freezing my butt off at Yankee Stadium just to say you got to play some 6-6 ACC team that you've most likely played a handful of times in the past and that doesn't want you in their conference. Tailgating on a nice, warm, sunny beach or in a overpriced, frozen parking lot in the Bronx. Decisions, decisions

Well, thankfully since we canned your boy Coach P this may actually be a decision we'll need to make in the future.

Reaction Score
Isn't the top ranked G5 team guaranteed a contract bowl spot? I thought that was the setup, so there's still a pretty good bowl to play for at the top, with AAC teams filling in back-up slots for other P5 bowls.

I think many of the new bowls will end up needing a few 5 win teams to get them all filled.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Question... If the lower level bowls (i'm talking in general here) can't get fans to travel and show up, why in the world would they put MORE bowl games in South FL or in the Bahamas for god's sake?! The bowls have gotten out of control. I love college football, especially around the holidays, but this is a little insane.

Reaction Score

Good point. ;)

Reaction Score
Putting aside our plight, the bowl situation and systematic exclusion of schools from basically media access and revenue is an absolute tragedy to college football. Compare what happened with Basketball through NCAA march madness, and football is doing the opposite. This is all about controlling dollars and media markets and crushing competitors that take dollars away. Every 1A team deserves an equal shot at a bowl based on play on the field. Thank the Swoffords of the world for this garbage and an NCAA that refuses to deal with a systemic CR problem and is focused on a kid making a few bucks for signing autographs, selling or getting a few tickets, etc.. Hypocrites in the extreme.

Reaction Score
Well, thankfully since we canned your boy Coach P this may actually be a decision we'll need to make in the future.
...and for the 100th time I supported the coaching staff that UCONN chose and will support the new staff UCONN chose. I'm not a band wagon jumper like some of you. I'm a UConn fan all the way.... supporting the whole team for the long haul.... not just when it's fashionable to.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 expands Cinci is likely guaranteed a spot and it would seem likely that BYU or a Florida school would get the nod to be 12. It has to be our unrelenting goal that if/when the Big12 expands that we are picked ahead of USF, UCF or BYU.

Hell, even if the ACC were to expand would anyone really be shocked if we were blackballed in lieu of Cinci or even Temple?

If BYU wanted to be in the Big 12 then they would be in the Big 12 already. They've got their own TV channel and a nationwide fan base. They're looking to be Notre Dame Mormon-Style.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
...and for the 100th time I supported the coaching staff that UCONN chose and will support the new staff UCONN chose. I'm not a band wagon jumper like some of you. I'm a UConn fan all the way.... supporting the whole team for the long haul.... not just when it's fashionable to.
You don't have to support everything the team does in order to be a "true" fan, whatever that means. In fact, it is your right and obligation to be critical of things that don't work because of the passion you hold for the name on the front of the jersey.

I should say, "we". Everyone posting here either has season tickets, or at the very least follows everything about the program through whatever means available. You cannot bash the non-trolls here. Everyone who was critical of the former regime is also in it for the long haul. There was a perception that they were hurting an already minimized UConn football brand and other fans (myself included) did not want it tarnished further. It will take years - and probably closer to a decade - to fix the results of the former regime 's actions.

Reaction Score

I'd make the case that those of us who have called for P's ouster since December were supporting UConn more than you.

Reaction Score
You don't have to support everything the team does in order to be a "true" fan, whatever that means. In fact, it is your right and obligation to be critical of things that don't work because of the passion you hold for the name on the front of the jersey.

I should say, "we". Everyone posting here either has season tickets, or at the very least follows everything about the program through whatever means available. You cannot bash the non-trolls here. Everyone who was critical of the former regime is also in it for the long haul. There was a perception that they were hurting an already minimized UConn football brand and other fans (myself included) did not want it tarnished further. It will take years - and probably closer to a decade - to fix the results of the former regime 's actions.

Being critical and spewing some real filthy insults are two completely different things and I saw plenty of the latter from supposed UConn fans. Saying Deleone wasn't doing a very good job with the offensive line is one thing but personal insults? Come on man that's so immature it's not funny and embarrassing to other UConn fans. I don't criticize guys in here for being critical, it's the mean spirited personal insults that get on my nerves, especially when they come from alleged adults aimed at members of the team I follow.

Reaction Score
Being critical and spewing some real filthy insults are two completely different things and I saw plenty of the latter from supposed UConn fans. Saying Deleone wasn't doing a very good job with the offensive line is one thing but personal insults? Come on man that's so immature it's not funny and embarrassing to other UConn fans. I don't criticize guys in here for being critical, it's the mean spirited personal insults that get on my nerves, especially when they come from alleged adults aimed at members of the team I follow.

Revisionist history at its finest. You got upset with legitimate criticism. Called them cheap shots. Yes you did.

Reaction Score
Revisionist history at its finest. You got upset with legitimate criticism. Called them cheap shots. Yes you did.

wrong again.... I call personal insults cheap shots. You really have to start paying attention more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom