OT - For Emmert Haters | The Boneyard

OT - For Emmert Haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/The-NCAA-rewards-incompetence-again.html

Here is a man who has taken an organization with one of the worst reputations in sports and made it demonstrably worse, making up rules and punishments as he goes along, getting the NCAA sued regularly, and either losing or settling to avoid losing more.

Under Emmert’s presidency, the NCAA has lost the O’Bannon suit, seen Northwestern football players vote to unionize, completely botched the Miami/Nevin Shapiro fiasco, had to reduce or eliminate the Penn State sanctions because a Pennsylvania judge was about to crush them and is almost certainly going to lose millions over the Reggie Bush/USC matter in the defamation lawsuit filed by former Temple player Todd McNair, a USC assistant when Bush was there.

And there is still no ruling on the North Carolina academic fraud, a case so clear-cut it should have taken a few minutes to decide and not much longer to craft an appropriate punishment.

Emmert, imperious on his best day, has also been shown to be incompetent. Yet, he reportedly makes at least $1.3 million and probably got a raise while getting more years.

Reaction Score
:confused: All you can do is shake your head in disbelief. He's obviously smart enough to kiss the right azzes(SEC, B1G):confused:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As a public service announcement, the same university presidents who reelected Emmert are the ones who have voted to alter conferences to their current state and will control future conference realignment.

Reaction Score
The cynic in me will bet you $50 the Miami investigation was purposely botched. The realist in me will bet you a year's salary the Penn St. reductions were part of the original plan. So Emmert isn't as incompetent as it appears. He is only 50% that incompetent, the rest is purely his corrupt nature.

Reaction Score
oh, the perks of being the fall guy for the billion dollar business called BCS football.. doggone shame

Reaction Score
The cynic in me will bet you $50 the Miami investigation was purposely botched. The realist in me will bet you a year's salary the Penn St. reductions were part of the original plan. So Emmert isn't as incompetent as it appears. He is only 50% that incompetent, the rest is purely his corrupt nature.

I wouldn't say purposefully, but when you jump in bed and start conspiring with a con artist, I'm not sure how you can expect things to not unravel. I just think this guy is arrogant, is used to the NCAA having it's way in all situations and just hasn't been able to deal with the fact that people are pushing back at them now. It's just a shame that Connecticut wasn't able to fight him more effectively, although nothing beats Shabazz humiliating the NCAA with his statements at the championship trophy presentation.

Reaction Score

You are off a bit on your evaluation. The real breakdown is closer to 90% corrupt 10 % inept. He is about as low of an individual as it gets. Complete and total POS.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that it was Emmert who is, from behind the scenes, blocking our inclusion into a decent conference. He made few friends while he was at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that it was Emmert who is, from behind the scenes, blocking our inclusion into a decent conference. He made few friends while he was at UCONN.
Except no one else likes him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog