OT - Foot Locker commercial for Fathers Day featuring Lonzo Ball | The Boneyard

OT - Foot Locker commercial for Fathers Day featuring Lonzo Ball

Reaction Score
Wow. That's pretty heavy. I wonder if his dad was ok with that or if he just distanced himself from him in a big way. I hope that is Lonzo claiming his independence and fixing his image. At the same time, I hope his dad has humbled himself for the sake of his kids.

Reaction Score
You guys realize this is supposed to be a joke and is funny as hell, right? It actually makes me like Lonzo Ball. And that's not something I could have said prior. I look at his dad as a great showman. A and guess what, his gery has made his son's name even bigger than ever. More power to him for taking advantage of our collective idiocy.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Wow. That's pretty heavy. I wonder if his dad was ok with that or if he just distanced himself from him in a big way. I hope that is Lonzo claiming his independence and fixing his image. At the same time, I hope his dad has humbled himself for the sake of his kids.
You guys don't get marketing.

Reaction Score
I get it, but it can be funny without dad's approval or funny with it. Is dad in on the joke? That's my point. If he is, he clearly doesn't take himself too seriously. If he isn't, Lonzo made a play to show he isn't controlled by his father.

Lavar is a better man than I thought if he gave this the green light.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I doubt Lavar takes himself seriously. He probably signed off on it.

Reaction Score
Seems ironic. Still don´t like the kid and especially the dad. I don´t wish failure on anyone and in this case I do not either, just years of mediocracy.

Reaction Score
Lavar approved
"My dad and I both love the humor of the spot, and I'm glad I got to have a little fun around the topic before going to the league," Lonzo Ball said in a news release provided by Foot Locker.

Funny commercial.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's funny. Really well done.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You guys don't get marketing.

Yeah it's marketing but its sad because what he says is 80% the truth and what is even more ridiculous is that his old man probably thinks its funny
The guy is an A1 as a father
I have a great sense of humor and see nothing funny about this

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Yeah it's marketing but its sad because what he says is 80% the truth and what is even more ridiculous is that his old man probably thinks its funny
Yea, you are definitely known here for your sense of humor.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
People take Lavar Ball too seriously which is why a lot of people don't like him. This was funny. For anybody who haven't seen yet either, there's a 4th Ball brother.

Reaction Score
This has been about marketing / promoting his sons from day 1 knowing idiots would lap his antics up. He's taking advantage of the current landscape of shows revolved around hot takes on Espn and idiots being mad online who take this kind of stuff to serious. Dude's not a genius but he knows how dumb the average sport fan has become.

Reaction Score
You realize the only reason he does this is so that folks like you will get a hot head and fume over his antics, right? It's worked to a T seeing how everyone is talking about his son over the kid who is actually going to be taken first overall. But keep being mad online, it's funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom