OT: fishing in New London | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: fishing in New London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ive been killing it off westbrook the last few weeks. Behind Duck Island and mostly at southwest reef. Stripers and Blues are running hard and they have some size. Its only going to get better, peaking with the impending September triple bonus blood moon/harvest moon /eclipse.

What is really great is that Bunker are flooding the marina harbor (being chased) in numbers I havent seen in 20 years. Im snagging a bunch and then head out to the reef and live line them. I barely get them in the water and the reels start screaming.

The other night out with my brother I caught a 14 lb Blue (what a fight) and he caught a 32 lb bass. Problem is that I ate through like 60 bucks in tackle in an hour. We are using mono leaders as we really want to catch the monster bass rather than the Blues, and there are so many Blues running that they are slamming our lines and make short work of the mono. If I was fishing for strictly Blues Id be using wire. The bass wont hit bait on a wire leader. Smart bastids mouth it, and it doesnt feel right to them and let it go.

Oh wow, haven't seen the big schools of (adult) bunker over on my side so I might take a trip out to your neck of the sound. I think today is the last day of fluke season so I might try New London again today.

Reaction Score
Anyone do any blue crabbing? Im wondering if anyone was having luck in this area

Reaction Score
While fishing, I was seeing a bunch in Norwich harbor a few days ago, but couldn't get my net on them fast enough. It seems like they're finally around now - after an awful season for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom