OT....Fenway PArk...parking - Prudential.... | The Boneyard

OT....Fenway PArk...parking - Prudential....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking for some help....Heading to Boston for a Sox game tomorrow. Everybody says the best deal is to park at the Prudential center ($20 or less) and walk. I did this last year and I could swear we got off the Mass Pike Eastbound and did not have to hit any city streets and we ended up in the Prudential underground garage.

But everything I find online says to get off exit 22 and "follow the signs to Prudential Center parking", but it looks like this involves some city street navigation. Am I miss-remembering what I did last year???? Thanks to all...

Reaction Score
Looking for some help....Heading to Boston for a Sox game tomorrow. Everybody says the best deal is to park at the Prudential center ($20 or less) and walk. I did this last year and I could swear we got off the Mass Pike Eastbound and did not have to hit any city streets and we ended up in the Prudential underground garage.

But everything I find online says to get off exit 22 and "follow the signs to Prudential Center parking", but it looks like this involves some city street navigation. Am I miss-remembering what I did last year???? Thanks to all...

Keep going north past the Canadien border to Toronto where baseball still means something :oops:

Reaction Score

If your going tomorrow and get there early you can park on the street for free. Also there is a $10 parking garage http://www.100clarendon.com/specials.html but its a bit of a walk.

Reaction Score

I've never done that your way, but let me say what I do.

I get there a few hours early and park on Bay State Road (BU). Sunday is free and it's close to the park. Then I grab drinks or do something in the area.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Street meter parking is free all day Sunday but that may be tough during a sox game. As for the Prudential parking those directions are exactly correct. Take exit 22 in the tunnel right after the last toll and keep left for Prudential Center, should lead you to multiple parking options although some may be pricey.

Reaction Score
Hey Mau.....

11836672_875513862483910_4090506265610313992_n.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My brother worked in Boston when I had part of a season ticket package in the early 2000s, We parked at Boston Latin School and hoofed it.
They may tow now.

What's the train cost now? Parking at Riverside station was normally convenient if you got there early enough.

Reaction Score
Street meter parking is free all day Sunday but that may be tough during a sox game. As for the Prudential parking those directions are exactly correct. Take exit 22 in the tunnel right after the last toll and keep left for Prudential Center, should lead you to multiple parking options although some may be pricey.
Directions are correct.

To get street parking, you better have earlier plans. The game is at 1:35. If you got there at 11 or 11:30, you could get parking where I suggested and then maybe grab lunch around Fenway until game time.

If you are getting there closer to 1:35, take the parking wherever you can find it, especially at the price you are suggesting.

Reaction Score
Unless you really know the area and how to navigate away from all the traffic I agree it's best to stay away from the Fenway area and park at the Pru. The traffic getting into and out of Fenway is a real pain. The streets around there just aren't made for that much traffic. Typical Boston.

As BUHusky10 said the exit 22 tunnel splits right for Copley Square and left for the Prudential Center complex. So stay left for the Prudential and after exiting the tunnel and being above ground the entrance to the Pru garage is just past there on the right. Very easy. I'm sure the directions you got that were confusing you were showing you how to get to 800 Boylston St., which is the front door of the Prudential office building but not where you get into or out of the parking garage. It's Boston, it's supposed to be confusing!

Going home just get on Newbury St. (parallel to Boylston St., one block north of Boylston) going west (it's one way west) and the entrance to the Mass. Pike Westbound is straight ahead past the light at Massachusetts Avenue.

Since you're a beer connoisseur I have a couple suggestions for you. One is obviously Boston Beer Works on Brookline Avenue, but that place is packed and it's never easy to get into. Try the Yard House on Brookline Avenue, a little farther down the street. Excellent selection of beers and it's a very large place so you can always get in. If you want any more information about places to eat or drink just PM me. We own 2 buildings around there and used to own another large one so I've spent a lot of time around there.

Reaction Score
thanks Hooper et al

Planning to get to Beantown before 11AM.....was planning on hanging somewhere on Brookline....BBW....Yard house sounds good too.

Reaction Score
thanks Hooper et al

Planning to get to Beantown before 11AM.....was planning on hanging somewhere on Brookline....BBW....Yard house sounds good too.
Yardhouse you can walk to from where I said to park. If you are going to Brookline (not walking distance) go to Publick House if you like Belgians. Love their beer. If that's where you're going best to just get on the Pru.

Drink some Belgians, go a little further down the street, spit on the Conte Forum, and then do what Hooper suggests, and that makes a fine day.

Reaction Score
Get off the copley exit but don't turn toward copley, go left instead. Then park in one of the garages just as you get above ground. Its a farther walk, but it will be a gorgeous day to walk around downtown Boston, the garages will be $10 and you will have zero issues getting out and getting on the Pike home. the Pru garage exit can be atrocious

Reaction Score
Just park on the street it's free all day on Sunday's. I live about 1/2 mile from Fenway and there's always street parking available on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom