#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
77 - 74
October 2004
UConn over Duke in San Antonio
Ray Allen beats Georgetown at the Garden
Maui 2010

Reaction Score
So many to choose from being 37 yrs old and a Yankee, NY Giant and Uconn fan. I'll pick 1 moment(s) from each of my teams.
1. 2001 world series, games 4 and 5. I know Yanks lost in 7, but still go back to those games as very special moments during a difficult time. You'd think after seeing 5 championships I would pick a moment from 1 of them.
2. 1999 Uconn over Duke. Just surreal, also the same night my grandfather passed, weird night. Uconn over KY in 2014 is a very close 2nd.
3. SB 42. It was a long wait from SB 25, beating the undefeated Pats was awesome. I remember me and my dad just watched in disbelief. My brother is a Pats fan, that made it sweeter.

Reaction Score
Any UConn win in any sport
Miracle on ice
Fran's Klammer downhill run in the Olympics
Bodie Millers run in Olympics
Kemba's magical run in Tournaments and Championship.
Shabazz magical run in Championship
Apollo Anton's winning speed skating in Olympics
American women's figure skating champion thru the years in Olympics

Reaction Score
Super Bowl XXXVII
Announcement of the return of the Winnipeg Jets
Getting my first set of Jets / Whalers tickets for my 12th birthday.
I wish I could say more UConn football wins but all of the big ones have come after my move to Germany so I didn't get a chance to see them live. Although I have woken up a few neighbors at 3am...

Reaction Score
Former Red Wings Darrin McCarty and former Aves Claude Lemieux have signed on to play an alumni game between the Red Wings and the Aves Feb 26th. This brought me back to one of my favorite sports moments that didn't involve raising a trophy or cutting down nets: March 26th, 1997 - Bloody Wednesday. It was the moment that showed the emotion of hockey and it was the point I believed that they were finally going to win the cup. I was a senior in college, a month away from graduating. Watched it with my friends right before we were all going our separate ways.

Loved the Wings-Avs series back in the day.... Claude "The Turtle" Lemieux. McCarty abused him.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
2004 ALCS - The world series was almost an after thought
77-74 - The first time a team I cared about won anything in any sport

Reaction Score
77-74 is the greatest sporting event in the history of the universe. It had it all - long suffering fans get their title, redemption over a hated foe that broke their hearts, winning as a big underdog when nobody gave them a chance, down to the wire drama, a signature play to win it ("The Stop" - legendary defense from Ricky under pressure).

No other sporting event has had all that rolled into one. The closest were Miracle on Ice and 2004 ALCS, but both were semis (although one had the added drama of a major geopolitical Cold War conflict that had been ongoing for decades, and the other was a big Olympics event on home soil).

Reaction Score
For UConn sports it's 2 (there could be 10):
It's late, it's Tate, it's great.... Had as much to do with what happened the rest of that night and early morning as it did the game, but that was a big jumping off point for MBB.
The OT win at South Bend. Being there in person, the way it ended...pretty great moment.
Overall, the Miracle on ice was pretty spectacular. Sitting in our living room, watching that win with my dad and brothers, still remember it vividly. I was pretty young, so it was the first major sports memory I have.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Former Red Wings Darrin McCarty and former Aves Claude Lemieux ...

Now you did it. You brought back my worst sports memory. 1986 Stanley Cup playoffs, Lemieux scores to beat the Hartford Whalers 5:55 into OT in the 7th game. That goal changed history for the worse. If the Whale wins there, they probably go on to win the Cup and Hartford becomes the Green Bay of the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom