OT: Favorite Soft Drinks ? (Soda, Pop, Soda Pop) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Soft Drinks ? (Soda, Pop, Soda Pop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Growing up we only got RC cola (Royal Crown). Loved Pepsi and Fanta Grape. When i got into my 20's it was all about Coke. Then I had to switch over to Diet Coke in my 30's. Finally have given that up because of the caffiene. (maybe once a month). Now looks like the only thing left I can drink is diet A&W rootbeer.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
my Texas friends sent me some "Big Red" recently (from the Dr Pepper family). Its basically strawberry soda

Reaction Score
Growing up we only got RC cola (Royal Crown). Loved Pepsi and Fanta Grape. When i got into my 20's it was all about Coke. Then I had to switch over to Diet Coke in my 30's. Finally have given that up because of the caffiene. (maybe once a month). Now looks like the only thing left I can drink is diet A&W rootbeer.
RC Cola and a Moon Pie.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I had forgotten about RC Cola. I used to love those.

When I was a child my brother was also diabetic and the only diet drinks on the market were Tab and Fresca. Fresca is caffeine free as well, if I am not mistaken, and mixes well with vodka. I do enjoy a diet A&W and drink it from time to time.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Boylan's Birch Beer or Stewart's Birch Beer.

Virgil's Diet Cream Soda

Reaction Score
Moxie.jpg
Moxie-Ted_Williams.jpg
Moxie.jpg

There is only one choice, Moxie.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
All of it. Dr Pepper, Coke, MexiCoke, Squirt, Ruby Red Squirt, Redpop, Peach, Stewart's (or IBC) Black Cherry, throwback Pepsi, Rock & Rye, Vernors. I mostly drink water because of how much I work out but I will say that with a 21-month-old, caffeine is more than necessary most days and I don't drink coffee. And for those without caffeine, the sugar still helps. ;)

A Vernor's float sounds really good right now! :D

Oddly enough, the Detroit ones (Faygo/Vernors) were easier to find in Atlanta and Huntsville than they are in Iowa. :rolleyes:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Seldom drink soft drinks but when I do I prefer Willamette Pinots over Napa Merlot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Boylan's Birch Beer or Stewart's Birch Beer.

Virgil's Diet Cream Soda
I'm with Ice. Probably in order:

Vanilla Cream

Root Beer

Birch Beer

There are some really good craft breweries for soda and/or beer in the Pacific Northwest. Among them:

Jones

Thomas Kemper

Henry Weinhart

A large scoop of Breyers Vanilla in a good Vanilla Cream soda is hard to beat.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
When I was a kid, I used to love a New England special of ZaRex fruit syrups with ice cold water, especially their orange and fruit punch flavors. I hadn't seen it on store shelves for many years. By some coincidence, my wife and I mentioned the stuff today and I Googled it. Lo and behold, it is just being reintroduced on the market by a couple of guys from Boston's North Shore. So far they have the above two plus grape, rasberry and sugar-free rasberry. They're still trying to get big market distribution off the ground.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dr Brown's Cream Soda. Dr. Brown's Black Cherry. Diet in either flavor is good as well.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I can still remember the two local shops that still mixed fountain drinks back in my teens. A fountain made vanilla Coke was a real treat. Also, locally fountain mixed in Guilford were checkerberry sodas.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can still remember the two local shops that still mixed fountain drinks back in my teens. A fountain made vanilla Coke was a real treat. Also, locally fountain mixed in Guilford were checkerberry sodas.
Vanilla Coke, Chocolate Coke, and Cherry Coke. When Coke brought out Cherry Coke maybe 10 years ago, some folks thought it was a great NEW idea. We knew it was anything but new.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I grew up loving trips to the local Stewart's Drive-In for frosted mugs of Root Beer.

mini_13391.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Had a great lunch today at a nice restaurant... and I was suprised that they had Cheerwine as an option.. :) Needless to say... thats what I ordered.

Cheerwine has or had an ice cream... never tried it.....

The very best ice cream floats that we used to make at home as kids involved vanilla ice cream and cheerwine..

Krispy Kreme had a limited edition Cheerwine donut that I had to try out a few months ago. I love donuts.. and I love cheerwine... so ..... Basically it was their regular donut with chocolate icing.... filled with a cheerwine based cream .... sounded like a good idea... so I picked up 6....

image-56F7_4FAEE61B.gif

Sounded good in theory, but not in practice

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have maybe a half-dozen sodas per year, but when I do it is always Foxon Park Gassosa. Just so happens that I had one about half hour ago.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Vernors and the old Dr. Pepper. But also Connecticut's own Foxon Park Birch Beer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Had a great lunch today at a nice restaurant... and I was suprised that they had Cheerwine as an option.. :) Needless to say... thats what I ordered.

Cheerwine has or had an ice cream... never tried it.....

The very best ice cream floats that we used to make at home as kids involved vanilla ice cream and cheerwine..

Krispy Kreme had a limited edition Cheerwine donut that I had to try out a few months ago. I love donuts.. and I love cheerwine... so ..... Basically it was their regular donut with chocolate icing.... filled with a cheerwine based cream .... sounded like a good idea... so I picked up 6....

image-56F7_4FAEE61B.gif

Sounded good in theory, but not in practice
Sounds like a rescheduled date with the very attractive woman. Good!

The Boneyard supports your social life! :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reflecting on this thread.. my favorite sodas tended to be the more regional ones. Cheerwine, NuGrape, Sundrop, and Peach Nehi. Its hard to find NuGrape and Peach Nehi... you pretty much have to go to corner gas station to find them.

My other all time favorite is Patio Red Cherry soda. Its rare... I've never seen it sold in stores.... the only place I can get it is at Bojangles Chicken. Im not sure if they have the Patio Red up north..... but if you are ever traveling down south and you see a Bojangles Chicken Restaurant.... be sure to stop by... if only to get a Large Patio Red Soda :)

Sounds like a rescheduled date with the very attractive woman. Good!

The Boneyard supports your social life! :)

thumbs-up-chuck.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom