OT Favorite Saturday Cartoon | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Favorite Saturday Cartoon

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Im a Flintstones guy, but that was not originally a Saturday morning cartoon. The Frantic City episode, "The Buffalo Convention," is CLASSIC ("doctor is a plumber . . .)." The VHS version (RIP) also had "Mother-In-Law's Visit" on it, a double bonus

Saturday am I'll go with Roadrunner, for the sheer amount of violence inflicted on the Coyote. And have to add, what about all the gun violence in Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. No way that flys in todays society (although its never a fatal shootin injury).

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
now this is a great thread. in real time, and not saturday am viewing, aquateen, harvey birdman, space ghost, and a bunch of other adult swim products, plus duckman, ren and stimpy, family guy (decades long and still going strong!) and so on, were my go to's. but coming from a family 'watching' cartoons forever(betty boop, etc), I saw/see many from the last almost hundred years. johnny quest saturday seems to be a big fond memory for many. so, sat am toonfest? this would be my choice:

I don't know too much aboot movies, or tv shows, but cartoons? (and anime is decidedly not 'cartoons' in the American sense of the word). now we're talking. im thinking it was mostly one way for them, until around the time speed racer, gigantor, astro boy, and etc. changed the game. for better or worse. all-time number one is still family guy for me, but here, have some 12 oz mouse. it ain't quickdraw mcGraw, or gumby and pokie.
cartoons rule. except those archies ones. they rot. boooorrring.

Reaction Score
So many great ones, led of course by the Warner Brothers stuff. We used to watch Herman and Katnip, Popeye, Top Cat. One of my favorites that hasn't been mentioned is this. Loved the theme song as well, but man, that Go Go Gophers is about as politically incorrect as you could get in the 1960s (not as bad as the portrayal of blacks and Asians in the 40s though).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So many great ones, led of course by the Warner Brothers stuff. We used to watch Herman and Katnip, Popeye, Top Cat. One of my favorites that hasn't been mentioned is this. Loved the theme song as well, but man, that Go Go Gophers is about as politically incorrect as you could get in the 1960s (not as bad as the portrayal of blacks and Asians in the 40s though).

Maybe you missed the irony. The Go Go Gophers only played dumb, in fact their winning streak may be longer than the Road Runner's.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Has anyone mentioned Pink Panther yet? Great stuff.

Reaction Score
Maybe you missed the irony. The Go Go Gophers only played dumb, in fact their winning streak may be longer than the Road Runner's.
It wasn't the behavior that was politically incorrect, it was the artwork that was questionable. It's like why Chief Wahoo was more controversial than the Chiefs having an arrowhead on their helmet.

Reaction Score
This Thread is hilarious, lol. Anyone in here under 50?

Also, Spongebob Squarepants

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This Thread is hilarious, lol. Anyone in here under 50?

Also, Spongebob Squarepants
yes, but the thread title speaks to 'Saturday cartoons.' I don't know when 'officially' Saturday cartoons disappeared, but it was a long time ago. too bad, I would have liked to watch the adventures of riley and huey on a Saturday morning, while eating some cereal. sounds like fun.

Reaction Score
yes, but the thread title speaks to 'Saturday cartoons.' I don't know when 'officially' Saturday cartoons disappeared, but it was a long time ago. too bad, I would have liked to watch the adventures of riley and huey on a Saturday morning, while eating some cereal. sounds like fun.

Agreed, just having fun. I did love watching 3 stooges reruns on Saturday mornings though

Reaction Score
Agreed, just having fun. I did love watching 3 stooges reruns on Saturday mornings though
The Stooges being on Saturday morning resulted in a resurgence of their popularity in the early 60s. I remember we went to see them when I was about 4 years old. I also remember that kids that watched were hitting each other over the head with hard objects, and it resulted in a bit of controversy.

Reaction Score
The Stooges being on Saturday morning resulted in a resurgence of their popularity in the early 60s. I remember we went to see them when I was about 4 years old. I also remember that kids that watched were hitting each other over the head with hard objects, and it resulted in a bit of controversy.
Yep, ask my brother

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not to mention an outbreak of people getting pulled around by a pair of pliers clamped to their nose.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom