QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
UConn bball - Tony Hanson
Pro bball - Gail Goodrich
Football - Jack Snow
Baseball - Thurman Munson

Reaction Score
Fran Tarkenton, Tom Seaver, fred Lynn, Tommy Abrahamson.

Reaction Score
Kevin McReynolds?! Of all the characters of that Mets era, why him?
Lol! Yeah pretty weird. I just liked how low key he was. The opposite of most of those mets which was a team filled with one character crazier than the next. He was a great left fielder and consistent at the plate. Just liked the way he played the game. Not the biggest, fastest or best at anything but steady.

Reaction Score
download.jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn: Kemba
Patriots: TB12
Red Sox: Big Papi
Celtics: Pierce
Bruins: Thornton
F1: Kimi Raikkonen

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Borg
Roberto Duran
Earl Morall
Yaz
Carol Vadnais

Last edited:
Reaction Score
John Havlicek. Loved his quiet leadership and endless energy. I later interviewed him during my Sports Editor days at The Daily Campus.

And oddly enough, Roman Gabriel. I was a big LA Rams fan.

Reaction Score
Baseball: Don Mattingly, Frank Thomas
Basketball: Patrick Ewing, Shawn Kemp
Tennis: Pete Sampras

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ric Flair
Don Muraco
Barry Windham
SD Jones

SD Jones. Great reference to the ultimate jobber. I'd love to use him as a comparison more often for those who just aren't quite good enough to get the job done, but he's too obscure to make it work.

For example, I could say UConn jumping offside on a missed FG yesterday which directly led to a SMU TD two plays later was a great SD Jones move. So close to being right.

He the fisherman with the dollar bill in the insurance commercial teasing would be customers.

Reaction Score
Yeah I wasn't so much mad at Seaver as much as just sad at the whole ordeal. I was 11 years old and that was the end of my innocence as a sports fan, and my introduction to the reality of rooting for laundry. I remained a Seaver fan--I still have the SI with him on the cover in a Reds hat right after the trade--and a Mets fan, but just a more jaded one. My father grew up in Brooklyn and was a Brooklyn Dodger fan but he abandoned them when O'Malley moved them to LA and he never forgave O'Malley. He adopted the Mets when they came into existence and that's how I ended up a Mets fan. But after the Seaver trade I began to allow myself to like players on other teams, which at that time meant Freddy Lynn, Yaz, Johnny Bench, pretty much the whole Pirates team.
Wow, same age and same story with my Dad (grew up in Manhasset) & the Mets. He was such a Yankee fan as a kid that he had people call him Phil after Rizzuto, but never looked back and was a diehard Mets fan.
I obviously stayed a Seaver fan as well and was there to celebrate his 300th win at Yankee stadium.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom