OT: Even BYU is dirty...holy cats!!!! | The Boneyard

OT: Even BYU is dirty...holy cats!!!!

pj

Reaction Score
Youre surprised that a religious institution is corrupt and deceiptful?

I'm not surprised that a religious institution is punished more severely than Louisville and UNC. I would be surprised if it was as corrupt and deceitful.

Reaction Score
Youre surprised that a religious institution is corrupt and deceiptful?
The infraction had nothing to do the BYU athletic Dept violation of rules.
Allegedly this kid received impermissible benifits ( gifts) from boosters ( pretty loose definition) of almost $12,000
Over a two year period.
Any game he participated in was determined to be vacated. Interestingly it appears the LDS school self reported the violation and suspended the player last year.
They also lose a scholarship, are suspended for two years and fined. That’s draconian.
interestingly the same kid is currently enrolled and appealing the NCAA to play this year.
In view of the NCAA punishment or lack of , in much more severe cases this is a pretty drastic conclusion and further evidence of the NCAA double standard.
Actually it’s scares me a little bit. As schools like ours are constantly under a microscope while competing against teams that have institutionalized cheating like Louisville.
I’m not LDS nor am I a BYU fan . In fact I don’t even like BYU.

Reaction Score
The infraction had nothing to do the BYU athletic Dept violation of rules.
Allegedly this kid received impermissible benifits ( gifts) from boosters ( pretty loose definition) of almost $12,000
Over a two year period.
Any game he participated in was determined to be vacated. Interestingly it appears the LDS school self reported the violation and suspended the player last year.
They also lose a scholarship, are suspended for two years and fined. That’s draconian.
interestingly the same kid is currently enrolled and appealing the NCAA to play this year.
In view of the NCAA punishment or lack of , in much more severe cases this is a pretty drastic conclusion and further evidence of the NCAA double standard.
Actually it’s scares me a little bit. As schools like ours are constantly under a microscope while competing against teams that have institutionalized cheating like Louisville.
I’m not LDS nor am I a BYU fan . In fact I don’t even like BYU.
The ops title is very misleading then my bad. My original point still stands although not pertaining to this case obviously. I didnt read the link as im honestly sick of reading about scandal after scandal.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I hate religion as much as anybody but I actually would think Mormons would try to keep a clean program
The walls are thick in that temple in downtown Salt Lake. Lots of room to store cashhhhhh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom