OT: ESPNW naming Top 40 Female Athletes of the last 40 Years | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: ESPNW naming Top 40 Female Athletes of the last 40 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Danica Patrick ... I know ... it's not a sport.
That is so far from the truth. Race car drivers are among the fittest and skilled of all athletes. More so than pro football players. They need strength, endurance, fast reflexes, mental concentration and everything else an athlete needs to perform successfully. Just try to take a corner at 3,4,5 g's and keep your head upright and your brain infused with blood and functioning. Try depressing a clutch on a race car, not so easy, and do it hundreds of times at 200 MPH. Drive a car with minimal power steering. Drive at the edge of control a few inches from a whole bunch of other cars. Do all this for 4 hours strapped tight in a fire suit in a cabin that's 120 degrees while trying not to get yourself or others killed. Then tell us you don't think it's a sport or requires a trained athlete.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see the winner be someone who excelled in several sports requiring different skills. I think basketball requires more disciplines than most sports. Decathlon is up there. And if Danica Patrick ever asks you to arm wrestle her, decline if you don't want to be humiliated.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That is so far from the truth. Race car drivers are among the fittest and skilled of all athletes. More so than pro football players. They need strength, endurance, fast reflexes, mental concentration and everything else an athlete needs to perform successfully. Just try to take a corner at 3,4,5 g's and keep your head upright and your brain infused with blood and functioning. Try depressing a clutch on a race car, not so easy, and do it hundreds of times at 200 MPH. Drive a car with minimal power steering. Drive at the edge of control a few inches from a whole bunch of other cars. Do all this for 4 hours strapped tight in a fire suit in a cabin that's 120 degrees while trying not to get yourself or others killed. Then tell us you don't think it's a sport or requires a trained athlete.

I would need a couple of margaritas first.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
do they count Venus & Serena as ONE... or do they pick both or just one?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
which one in "Icebear's Opinion"?
Serena

Oops, sorry, the two 40 threads have this old bear confused. I thought it was the SI thread and they only included Serena. I was attempting to give a factual answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom