OT: ESPN's John Saunders has died at age 61 | The Boneyard

OT: ESPN's John Saunders has died at age 61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Since MLB Network came out I have barely watched ESPN outside of live sports. Really liked him a lot. Click the Hannah Storm link. Touching.

John Saunders

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just flipped on the Olympics and saw Mike Tirico give the news. He could barely hold it together for the 45 seconds he spoke, it was very tough to listen to.

RIP John.

Reaction Score
Just flipped on the Olympics and saw Mike Tirico give the news. He could barely hold it together for the 45 seconds he spoke, it was very tough to listen to.

RIP John.

Mike Tirico's another great guy.He approached my sister at the airport many years ago to pet her dog.

RIP John. I remember him and Bill Raftery calling the UConn-Texas game in 94, and I remember Donyell pinning the ball against the backboard, and was called for the foul. Saunders was flabbergasted.

Reaction Score
Mike Tirico's another great guy.He approached my sister at the airport many years ago to pet her dog.

RIP John. I remember him and Bill Raftery calling the UConn-Texas game in 94, and I remember Donyell pinning the ball against the backboard, and was called for the foul. Saunders was flabbergasted.

Don't mean to bring up a negative on a sad thread but not so sure about Tirico? I believe he approached a lot of girls back in the day to pet their "cats", at least in his early years and harassment was an issue.

World Cup Anchor Mike Tirico’s Bizarre History: Reports of Stalking and Sexual Harassment

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sad to see this. Back in the day, many many moons ago, I worked at the airport as a parking valet guy. Berman and Saunders parked there. Berman had a big white Lexus and one day I had the pleasure to get into John's Red Porsche 911. When I turned the key, Public Enemy was blasting and I was able to get it up to a little speed pulling it to the front of the lot. One of the few times I drove a Porsche. Thanks John! Always enjoyed your broadcasting. RIP. Way too young.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Wiki says he lived in Hastings-on-Hudson. Quite a haul from Bristol. I saw him at the Danbury Mall a couple times some years ago.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wiki says he lived in Hastings-on-Hudson. Quite a haul from Bristol. I saw him at the Danbury Mall a couple times some years ago.
He and a lot of other talent there often stay overnight in the area when they are working from Bristol.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members