OT: End of an Era | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: End of an Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since his demise, Rivera has had 8 appearances, 7.1 innings, 5 hits, zero walks, zero runs.

1-0 with 5-5 on saves.

So why does he have to retire? He sure isn't going out as a winner this year as was his stated wish. He could go on forever!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
So why does he have to retire? He sure isn't going out as a winner this year as was his stated wish. He could go on forever!

Really? Why not go out on top, or close to the top? he has plenty of money, a family, and perhaps other interests to pursue while he is still a relatively young man.

Reaction Score
Really? Why not go out on top, or close to the top? he has plenty of money, a family, and perhaps other interests to pursue while he is still a relatively young man.

That's maybe what he thinks and I could certainly see that. But what he said was something of the order of: 'I'd like to close out the final game of the world series.'

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
That's maybe what he thinks and I could certainly see that. But what he said was something of the order of: 'I'd like to close out the final game of the world series.'

that was before he tore his ACL

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

that was before he tore his ACL

Actually he said he would like to retire after "throwing the last pitch in the world series" as stated in this article, however the intent is clear - regardless of the outcome, he is done. Says Rivera: "It's not too easy when you come to a decision like this," Rivera said, turning serious. "After this year, I will be retired. ... Now you're hearing it from me. It's official now."

Reaction Score
Actually he said he would like to retire after "throwing the last pitch in the world series" as stated in this article, however the intent is clear - regardless of the outcome, he is done. Says Rivera: "It's not too easy when you come to a decision like this," Rivera said, turning serious. "After this year, I will be retired. ... Now you're hearing it from me. It's official now."

Yea, I know. But as a Yankee fan I can still hope.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Yea, I know. But as a Yankee fan I can still hope.

Ahhh...well, in case you missed it, I neatly pointed you directly to the man in the event that you wish to further query as to why he is retiring this year. Please let me know what he says.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc